Welcome Letter from the Anthem Concierge

WAAAYTOOO

Believe it or not, next week on Anthem will be the first time we have ever sailed in Sky Class. Since they started the program, we have only traveled Star Class on an Oasis or Quantum ship. There are some interesting - and confusing - things in this letter.

1.  We got our welcome letter from the Concierge this morning, so that makes it 8 days prior to sailing.  I was very surprised.  This is the earliest I have gotten a Concierge letter in a very long time.

2. The letter is signed from Alex Kupryk (never heard of him) so I'm guessing he is the Suites Concierge on Anthem

3.  The letter stated that Suites ARE REQUIRED to have reservations for some shows.  This came as a complete surprise to me.  I always thought that Suite guests did NOT need show reservations on Oasis or Quantum class ships.

image.png.6b3806aa5c7780f90bf0f128786b0879.png

So now I am scurrying around to try and get show reservations.  I'm going to ask the Concierge for help here.  I'll let you know how that goes.

4.  The letter also promises Luxury Pillowtop Mattresses.  Ah....yeah.  We'll see about this one.  

5.  This is also a new one (to me anyway):

image.png.416f195810c7d2aa5bbc33d328399fe2.png

Does this mean that the cabana area is off limits unless you have pre-reserved (and paid for !!) one ?  We would not want one anyway, but just confused by this.

6.  I KNOW this one is wrong...but just throwing it out there.  The letter states that the Coastal Kitchen is for Suite and Pinnacle guests only.  It does not mention that JS have access for dinner.  I do not have ANY problem with JS eating in the CK ANYtime, but it is a bit misleading the way it is presented.

image.png.2f403e98ae4e55e9b4d6fefa94466c60.png

This must be the language that all the "haters" over on that other site are always complaining about when they claim that the CK/CL is supposed to be for Suites (and grudgingly, sometimes, Pinns).  Since we also received the "You D+'s are OUT" letter regarding the CL, I guess the haters are finally getting their way.

I would have posted the entire letter but I cannot "capture" the whole thing in one screen shot !  If anyone wants the entire thing let me know and I will try a work-around.

The cabanas near the northstar must be new. The Anthem has a suite deck accessible by stairs near the elevators on deck 15 via a door opened by your seapass card.  It seems underutilized. There is no bar like there is on the Oasis class ships, that could be a factor. The cabana option may be a way to bridge that gap

Yeah.  It sounds to me like those lounger area  that dodgestang shows in the picture above must have been converted to some kind of cabanas.  Doesn't look like room for more than a couple.  If that is the case, the bar is no more than a couple of steps away.  My guess is that their idea of a cabana and mine are very different.  They probably threw up a couple of those open-sided tents and are calling them cabanas !  I wonder if they included that area behind the railing, where the tables and chairs are, now.  If they did not include that area, those tables and chairs are going to be completely blocked from a view of the pool area.  Looks like you might not be able to see the pool area from the bar, either.  Whatever.  Not interested anyway.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The letter stated that Suites ARE REQUIRED to have reservations for some shows.  This came as a complete surprise to me.  I always thought that Suite guests did NOT need show reservations.

image.png.6b3806aa5c7780f90bf0f128786b0879.png

I checked an old Concierge letter from a year ago (yes, I keep those things for reference ?) and found the same verbiage. With that said, although we had reservations, I can't confirm that they checked beyond looking at our cards and directing us to the reserved area.

8 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I checked an old Concierge letter from a year ago (yes, I keep those things for reference ?) and found the same verbiage. With that said, although we had reservations, I can't confirm that they checked beyond looking at our cards and directing us to the reserved area.

Thank you, Oglilthorpe.  I learn something new every day on this site.  I will get the Concierge to help me with the show reservations. 

So...since you brought it up... (LOL) where are the suite reserved areas in 270 and the main theater on Anthem ?

32 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

The suite reserved area in the theater is on the balcony level, front rows in the center.  For 270, I believe it is similar but can't confirm... we arrived too late for suite seating to be in effect. It involved the Schooner bar and losing track of time ?????

Thanks !  That's where I would have started looking, anyway.  I believe there is an upper level to 270 although we never went up there.  It will be an interesting perspective from the upper level at 270.  We had always been down on the front lines before.  I like being in different locations to see the shows for the second (or sometimes third !!) time.