Age Restricted Activities for Birthdays

For age restricted activities such as bumper cars (age 5), I'm wondering if the child has a birthday during the cruise if they could participate in that event for the duration of the whole week? Or if they have to wait until the actual day? I am assuming the latter but curious if anyone had an age restriction lifted before or it's a no in all cases. 

36 minutes ago, Grabthars Hammer said:

For age restricted activities such as bumper cars (age 5), I'm wondering if the child has a birthday during the cruise if they could participate in that event for the duration of the whole week? Or if they have to wait until the actual day? I am assuming the latter but curious if anyone had an age restriction lifted before or it's a no in all cases. 

Whatever age they are at the time of embarkation is the age they are considered for the entire length of the cruise.  However, I have heard of 21 year olds getting the restriction lifted on their birthday for the remainder of the cruise, so it's not a no in all cases.  If you are able to get it done it's definitely not going to go into effect until the day of their birthday.