Coastal Kitchen menu in app

Fairlynew

I am probably worrying about nothing, but the Royal app shows menus for all restaurants and the MDR for all meals, including CK, BUT it says that CK is not open on Day 1.  I hope that this is just a glitch because I really like to have a relaxed lunch there on boarding day, and of course, I must have the filet on the first night (or I am afraid that @Lovetocruise2002 will find and filet me!

Does anyone know anything about this?  I am on Oasis on March 1.

Haha...my app for March 15 also says that CK is closed on Day 1.  Also, I saw in another post that someone sailing in February also has CK as closed on Day 1.  I am going to assume it is a glitch.  @Rags1 (he's on board right now) tells me that there is nothing to worry about.  ?

We are cruising in April and I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a reservation in the coastal kitchen.  It won't let me do it online.  I called RC and they told me that I had to wait until I got on the ship to make reservations.  That doesn't seem right.  We are Sky class.  I was wondering if I have to wait until the concierge contacts us to make the reservations.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

22 minutes ago, Sofla mermaid said:

We are cruising in April and I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a reservation in the coastal kitchen.  It won't let me do it online.  I called RC and they told me that I had to wait until I got on the ship to make reservations.  That doesn't seem right.  We are Sky class.  I was wondering if I have to wait until the concierge contacts us to make the reservations.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

YES ..... When the suite concierge emails you about a week before your cruise, you can then email back and ask them to make all your dinner reservations for CK and also for all of the specialty restaurants if you have the Unlimited Dining Plan.

Thanks!  I made reservations for Wonderland and the sushi making class as well as at the solarium for dinner.  I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't figure out how to make a reservation at CK.  I like to have all of reservations made ahead of time so when we get on the ship we can just enjoy!  This is our first time with RC.  

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As far as I know, the only ship that will allow you to make CK reservations from the Cruise Planner is Anthem.

Yes, and even then, it is not consistent.  First time on Anthem in 2018, were were able to reserve online.  Second time in 2019, we had to wait till we got on the ship.

@Sofla mermaid you don't need to worry.  If you are in the GS and above, once the concierge contacts you approx. 5-7 days prior to sailing, they will get it all sorted out for you.  You won't have a problem.