Labadee Shore Excursions

chrisiggy

5 minutes ago, chrisiggy said:

What are the options for shore excursions and activities in not booking anything ahead of time?

What is there to do on Labadee? Going middle of Feb,

Without an excursion, you can, eat, swim, snorkel off the beach (admittedly not the greatest), lounge around, barter with locals or go to the fixed price gift shop, etc.

1 minute ago, mook1525 said:

do they accept cash?

You know..I stood there waiting in line to exchange my shore excursion ticket for my unlimited ride wristband and didn't pay attention. 

But I do believe that they took cash and also credit cards.  It was folks who lived there that ran the hut where you got the wristbands.  

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You know..I stood there waiting in line to exchange my shore excursion ticket for my unlimited ride wristband and didn't pay attention. 

But I do believe that they took cash and also credit cards.  It was folks who lived there that ran the hut where you got the wristbands.  

got it.  thank you! 

Was unlimited ride worth it for you? how many times did you end up riding? was the line long?

3 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

got it.  thank you! 

Was unlimited ride worth it for you? how many times did you end up riding? was the line long?

I got it for $25 on the cruise planner ahead of time for the unlimited ride.  I think they were charging $30 for a SINGLE ride the day of!

I went over and over again probably 6-7 times in a row.  The line was short and often there wasn't even a line.  I had to wait maybe 5 minutes at the most.  

It's a bit different from a typical coaster in that you do the braking yourself with handbrakes.  Really simple to operate and you can get to going really fast.  It also offers you amazing views while you are riding.

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I got it for $25 on the cruise planner ahead of time for the unlimited ride.  I think they were charging $30 for a SINGLE ride the day of!

I went over and over again probably 6-7 times in a row.  The line was short and often there wasn't even a line.  I had to wait maybe 5 minutes at the most.  

It's a bit different from a typical coaster in that you do the braking yourself with handbrakes.  Really simple to operate and you can get to going really fast.  It also offers you amazing views while you are riding.

wow! $25 sounds like a great deal.  thanks!

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Can't wait. We are doing this in March. We got it for 23.99 per person.

5 hours ago, mook1525 said:

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I also got the unlimited pass and just like AshleyDillo, was able to go a bunch of times with basically no wait. But, it's important to note that this doesn't generally apply if you wait until the afternoon. My wife and kids also had the unlimited ride pass, but because they were on the zip line in the morning, they didn't get a chance to try the coaster until after lunch. By that time, the line for the coaster was long, and they were only able to go twice in a span of about 90 minutes from when they first got there. So if you want good value for the unlimited pass, go in the morning and then spend the afternoon relaxing on the beach or doing something else.

21 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I also got the unlimited pass and just like AshleyDillo, was able to go a bunch of times with basically no wait. But, it's important to note that this doesn't generally apply if you wait until the afternoon. My wife and kids also had the unlimited ride pass, but because they were on the zip line in the morning, they didn't get a chance to try the coaster until after lunch. By that time, the line for the coaster was long, and they were only able to go twice in a span of about 90 minutes from when they first got there. So if you want good value for the unlimited pass, go in the morning and then spend the afternoon relaxing on the beach or doing something else.

I have to agree, much better to do the coaster in the morning before everyone makes it to the back of the island and save the beach or other activities for the afternoon.