Another Newbie question

jeffd99

Sick of me yet?  Latest question is regarding the entertainment schedule.  I looked in my cruise planner (we are cruising August of this year on the Allure) and the entertainment schedule posted is from a previous year. It lists Chicago as the show.  How/where do I find the current entertainment schedule for my sailing so I don't schedule a dinner when I want to be at a show?  

When you go to book a show it will show you the dates and times available for each show. On Oasis class it is very rare to have a conflict with a show and dinner as there usually a few showtimes offered for each show.

As far as a schedule that I am not sure of but I am sure Matt or one of the other seasoned cruisers can help out on that. I am sure there is one, just don't know where

So, when you go to the "Entertainment & Activities" and then "All Entertainment" tabs of the "My Cruise Planner" it shows Chicago as one of the entertainment options ?  I have actually never heard of that happening before !  ...and I'd say that it is more than 1 year behind !  Chicago hasn't been the Broadway production show on Allure for some time.

Are any of the other entertainment options available to book ?  Blue Planet, ice show, comedy show, headliner show, aqua theater show(s) ?

As a rule, these entertainment (and dining) booking options don't usually open up before 60 - 90 days prior to your sail date, but that certainly isn't a hard and fast rule....they can vary wildly.  I've already booked my dining options (but not entertainment) for my Feb. 2017 sailing on the Harmony so that 60 - 90 days thing is just a general rule.  It doesn't always work that way.

If you are sailing in August, I would expect your dining and entertainment options to be opening some time in May, but if they have already opened and they are showing Chicago as the Production show then there is definitely something wrong.

...and wasn't Chicago the Oasis show anyway ? I thought Allure had Hairspray as its first Broadway show. I might be wrong about that. It has been a few years since either of those shows have been on any of the ships.

Oasis has Cats. Allure has Mama Mia.

I don't think you can book much (except excursions) before 90 days.

Got it! I wasn't aware of the dates.  I was able to book dining but not reserve shows - but was hoping there was a show schedule that I could follow so that I did'n't book any speciality dining in the middle of a show we wanted to see at a time we wanted to see it! 

Got it! I wasn't aware of the dates. I was able to book dining but not reserve shows - but was hoping there was a show schedule that I could follow so that I did'n't book any speciality dining in the middle of a show we wanted to see at a time we wanted to see it!

The dates seem to fluctuate wildly for some reason. I was able to book dining this week for a cruise that's nearly four months away. At other times, it didn't open until about 70 days out. I haven't yet been on a ship that allows booking of shows, though.