Internet and texting

SMF

Hello All,

We are preparing for my second cruise and can wait! We are sailing on Symphony in a few months. I purchased the internet for three devices.  My question is, if we all have iphones and internet can we text through i messaging as we do on land? Or is there some other way we have to text in order to stay in contact with one another?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

You'll be on wifi, so anything you can do on wifi on land, you can do with Voom.  I don't have an iphone, I just connect to Voom text normally if I need to (with my phone in airplane mode, of course). I also have wifi calling enabled, so I can make normal phone calls. 

Ok, I COULD make normal phone calls, if I used my phone as an actual phone, which I avoid at all costs. 

2 hours ago, SMF said:

Hello All,

We are preparing for my second cruise and can wait! We are sailing on Symphony in a few months. I purchased the internet for three devices.  My question is, if we all have iphones and internet can we text through i messaging as we do on land? Or is there some other way we have to text in order to stay in contact with one another?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Yes..iMessage works over the wifi so you will be able to use it to text each other.  If you set up the wifi calling on your phones now (before you sail) you can even use your phones as an actual phone while you are on the cruise.

58 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes..iMessage works over the wifi so you will be able to use it to text each other.  If you set up the wifi calling on your phones now (before you sail) you can even use your phones as an actual phone while you are on the cruise.

All correct.  Just got off the Explorer where the internet isn't the fastest and made several wifi calls from my iPhone.