Quantam of the seas Feb 15th

Cancelling the 12th for a cruise departing the 15th is not really funny... certainly after RC already changed the route.

I had to rebook a lot of hotels and flights...  (still not finished)

Original plan was flying to Hong Kong, stay a few nights there. Than fly to Singapore for the cruise going to Hong Kong. 
So after the rerouting had to cancel my international business flight (booked with miles, to make it complicated), Hong Kong Hotels before and after the cruise and flight to Singapore.

Booked new flights to Singapore, hotel before and after the cruise. Now I'm stuck in Singapore with a gap of 10 days... and figuring out where to go next... Have to rebook my flights and hotels once again!  This costs me far more than RC offers.  Not to mention the hassle. 

RC could have been more forthcoming and anticipating. Even now they're keeping people hostages with not letting them cancel the March Quantum cruises for a full refund...

6 hours ago, Jane Hindry said:

You have my greatest sympathy. Everyone must be so angry about the way this has been handled. 
We are grateful we were able to cancel everything with full refund. 
Originally we were booked to go to Angkor Watt prior to the cruise. Could this be an option for you?

Wishing you the best of luck. 

Thanks! Angkor Watt is certainly on my bucket list!

We’ve decided to go to the Maldives.

1 minute ago, PurdueFlyer said:

wow ... just wow. 

so glad we cancelled 2 weeks ago and booked Jewel to Dubai instead.  

we would have been on the flight to Singapore right now too.  

That was a smarter move...  If they had given the option of a full refund to begin with, we would have taken it. 

6 hours ago, Dries said:

That was a smarter move...  If they had given the option of a full refund to begin with, we would have taken it. 

The 'option' to cancel for a full refund was available to all under their own T&C's, when they made major changes to the itinerary. They just didn't advertise it or suggest it was an option so they could keep hold of your money !!   If you had asked for it, you would have got it !

2 hours ago, H1UBS said:

The 'option' to cancel for a full refund was available to all under their own T&C's, when they made major changes to the itinerary. They just didn't advertise it or suggest it was an option so they could keep hold of your money !!   If you had asked for it, you would have got it !

If that’s the case, they just lied.

My situation is that I was booked on Quantum 15th and 24th sailings, with a flight to Singapore on Friday, yesterday. Notification on Wednesday was not real helpful, but our TA told us we will get full refunds, not credits, but there is a charge for cancelling the flight and hotel, we had at beginning and end of cruise in Singapore. It was about $210 AUD. Can this fee be reclaimed from Royal or our Travel Insurance, do you think ?

Really not unhappy too much about not going, as the risks of catching the virus or getting stuck somewhere was increasing. We are also booked on repositioning cruise, Voyager, leaving Sydney on 19th April and going to Singapore also, so the jury is still out on that one !

10 minutes ago, Dodger said:

there is a charge for cancelling the flight and hotel, we had at beginning and end of cruise in Singapore. It was about $210 AUD. Can this fee be reclaimed from Royal or our Travel Insurance, do you think ?

I don't know if Royal has offered to reimburse change fees but if they do, $210AUD certainly sounds in the range they would typically cover.  Whether your travel insurance would cover it would depend on what kind of travel insurance you purchased.  There's lots of different types of coverage each with their own rules for cancellations.  It may come down to how the insurance carrier categorizes your reason for cancelling.  Was this an "Act of God", a safety issue, a voluntary choice, etc and is that reason allowed?

My situation is that I was booked on Quantum 15th and 24th sailings, with a flight to Singapore on Friday, yesterday. Notification on Wednesday was not real helpful, but our TA told us we will get full refunds, not credits, but there is a charge for cancelling the flight and hotel, we had at beginning and end of cruise in Singapore. It was about $210 AUD. Can this fee be reclaimed from Royal or our Travel Insurance, do you think ?

Really not unhappy too much about not going, as the risks of catching the virus or getting stuck somewhere was increasing. We are also booked on repositioning cruise, Voyager, leaving Sydney on 19th April and going to Singapore also, so the jury is still out on that one !

I wonder where Quantum will be going for the next 3 weeks, and maybe beyond, as apparently Royal have cancelled all ships and sailings in Asia till end of April at least.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:40 PM, subramanya said:

Our travel dates for quantum of seas from Singapore is March 13th. We were also told by our travel agent we will get future credit against full amount both in respect of cruise and flight. What a relief!!

We are 9 of us grand parents, parents and children. 

@subramanya I'm also on Quantum March 13th but my travel agent didn't tell me about that and when I asked to Royal Caribbean, they said "This sailing isn't one of the sailings we're offering this. Stay tuned to your email for any further updates." ?

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late, but thank God that the RC Quantum of the Seas Cruises were cancelled.  We were booked for a back2back cruises with RC boarding from Singapore on our 1st cruise on 15/02/20 & 2nd cruise on 24/02/2020.  Not looking forward to cruising at the moment, although, we have already booked for a European/Mediterranean in November, 2020.  Hopefully, the coronavirus will then be under control.  BTW, will be getting all our money back (no penalty), plus our Excursions/Land Tours refunds, too.

How do I change my profile from pre- gold to diamond, pleass?