Explorer of the Seas Review

Kiki

I just got off the Explorer on the 24th of January and we enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed in the owners suite 1320 and it was very clean and everything was in great working condition. The suite attendant was very thorough and left us small surprises every day. The concierge on the ship was very personable and efficient and made sure that we were well taken care off. The poolside activities were fun and entertaining. The Company Men was a great show and the theater was filled with enthusiasm. We truly enjoyed the specialty restaurants Izumi and Chops; Giovanni’s did not meet our expectations. We had a fabulous time in Nassau at the dolphin encounter in Atlantis and enjoyed our complimentary entry to the water park. The lines were short and all the staff on Atlantis was very friendly and accommodating. We also loved the speedboat and snorkel experience in Labadee and the guide was very educational and pointed quite a bit of items out to look at and explore. We were very lucky and the water was turquoise and very clear. We truly got spoiled at Barefoot beach and may have had a Labadoozie or two ;). Great ship and wonderful experience! 

We also were on this cruise.  You may have seen us at our favorite activity, sitting at the edge of the solarium pool enjoying beers and cocktails. ?

I booked one of the deck 12 balcony cabins, these were added on the last big renovation.  The positives, very close to the spa and solarium, easy access to the upper decks.  Also the balcony is all glass looking out, not the punched opening in like the lower decks.

The cons.  A LOT of stair climbing to get down to, and back up from,  the promenade, theater, studio B, etc.  I was proud of the fact that we only rode the elevator a handful of times the entire 5 days.

In Nassau our large group headed to the Pirate Republic to enjoy some beers and cocktails.  in Labadee we enjoyed the beach early and my daughter was married in the afternoon.  

Aside from a lot of travel anxiety (flying out in the middle of a snow storm) it was another great time with RC.

I was on this cruise as well, my two cons are, WIFI was HORRIBLE! 2 elevators on by our cabin were out of service the entire cruise which made for more wait time as I have a hard time doing the stairs.

Other then that, we had a fabulous cruise,  love the ship, can't wait to go on her again after reamp!

8 minutes ago, Melodyjn said:

I was on this cruise as well, my two cons are, WIFI was HORRIBLE! 2 elevators on by our cabin were out of service the entire cruise which made for more wait time as I have a hard time doing the stairs.

Other then that, we had a fabulous cruise,  love the ship, can't wait to go on her again after reamp!

Do you think the WIFI is strong enough to upload a 6 page word document? I am going on the Explorer in March, but I am still working on my PhD and have to be able to submit assignments and post on message boards. I already purchased the Surf and Stream package knowing I would need it.

2 hours ago, Quilter620 said:

Do you think the WIFI is strong enough to upload a 6 page word document? I am going on the Explorer in March, but I am still working on my PhD and have to be able to submit assignments and post on message boards. I already purchased the Surf and Stream package knowing I would need it.

I six page word document with no pictures is very small, so I would say yes, if you have to wait until early in the morning when everyone is asleep and not using the internet:)

I was also on this cruise, it was my first and my wife and myself had a wonderful time, the crew was simply amazing.  So amazing that I already booked my next cruise.

As far as the Wifi goes uploading a six page paper should be no problem, especially if you opt for the steaming package or get the Keys.  I had on issues uploading photos to social media or downloading work files.