Newbie again - with cabin question

Hi there. It’s me again. RCI newbie. As I’ve mentioned, we are first timers to Royal after cruising Disney 20 times but ready for something new.  We have booked the Allure for an August sailing and have reserved a superior ocean view verandah for the four of us (including two girls 17 and 12).  We booked with the 30 percent off deal and got a great deal we think.  But now we are seeing the BOGO deal and have been thinking of switching to booking two cabins (one inside and one superior ocean view verandah). Price is pretty similar, just a few hundred more to book the two cabins.  Looking for opinions – will we be remarkably happier with two cabins (we have never done this on DCL – though have had a suite a few times) or should we just stick with what we are used to?  Thoughts? 

Good morning! I am a balcony snob myself and did an inside one time and never will again. But that is just me. For the kids it might be fine as I have friends do that and their kids seemed to be happy. I just know that when I had an inside not being able to go out on a balcony to watch the world go by drove me nuts

Good morning! I am a balcony snob myself and did an inside one time and never will again. But that is just me. For the kids it might be fine as I have friends do that and their kids seemed to be happy. I just know that when I had an inside not being able to go out on a balcony to watch the world go by drove me nuts

Oh I'm with you all the way. I think in our 20 cruises I had an inside one time and it made me nuts.  We had a porthole a couple of times and same result.  With 3 women in my room, I have to have a place to escape while the frenzy of getting ready is going on. That's why we would have one balcony room. I think the kids wouldn't care because they'd just be happy to have their own space! 

You, Wife, two daughters.

You plus 3 women.

One bathroom or two... 

Think about that!

;)

You are so right.  Everyone on Disney loves the split baths because they think it makes such a difference in these circumstances but for me, not so much.  I still would use the locker room at the gym/spa to get ready half the time.  Just to escape the madness.  I realized I asked a kind of a "duh" question but we've never split up like this before so going on a brand new ship, a brand new cruise line, it makes us just a little nervous.  

In my opinion, as long as you can book two staterooms with an inside connecting door (not adjacent or across the hall) it's worth it for the two bathrooms. I would definitely want that connecting door to the kid's stateroom. Having two teenagers myself, I know my only hope of ever having any bathroom time at all is having my own! Plus the extra room is really nice if the kids like to stay up later watching TV, etc. Have a great time!

I would suggest the two cabins if you can afford the price difference.  The added space and extra bathroom will make for a much more enjoyable trip.  The rooms can feel quite small once the third and fourth berths are set up.

Hi there. It’s me again. RCI newbie. As I’ve mentioned, we are first timers to Royal after cruising Disney 20 times but ready for something new.  We have booked the Allure for an August sailing and have reserved a superior ocean view verandah for the four of us (including two girls 17 and 12).  We booked with the 30 percent off deal and got a great deal we think.  But now we are seeing the BOGO deal and have been thinking of switching to booking two cabins (one inside and one superior ocean view verandah). Price is pretty similar, just a few hundred more to book the two cabins.  Looking for opinions – will we be remarkably happier with two cabins (we have never done this on DCL – though have had a suite a few times) or should we just stick with what we are used to?  Thoughts?

Infinitely happy with two cabins! For everyone!

We had multiple cabins on Radiance for Alaska cruise with kids in own room.  We ended up getting a spare key for the kids' cabin which worked out great as the room was not adjoining.    

On Allure to E Caribbean, we had balcony cabins overlooking Boardwalk.  Rooms were next to each other but not adjoining.  We had the cabin steward unlock/open the balcony wall between our two balconies and we were able to go back-n-forth between the two rooms easily.  No spare keys needed for front door.  

We had multiple cabins on Radiance for Alaska cruise with kids in own room.  We ended up getting a spare key for the kids' cabin which worked out great as the room was not adjoining.    

On Allure to E Caribbean, we had balcony cabins overlooking Boardwalk.  Rooms were next to each other but not adjoining.  We had the cabin steward unlock/open the balcony wall between our two balconies and we were able to go back-n-forth between the two rooms easily.  No spare keys needed for front door.  

that's a great suggestion too.  We are looking to change a little late in the game (sailing in August) and the adjoining cabins seem to be gone. But I have my TA checking on that and an across the hall situation too where we can get an extra key for the cabin

Here is my update.  We rebooked two cabins - directly across the hall from each other on the 8th deck Forward.  Looks to me like a great location as it is on the same level as Central Park which I think is going to be my favorite place on the ship.  Can anyone weigh in on this?  Ended up spending a net extra 300 dollars to get an extra cabin for the sailing.  We have spent more than that to upgrade at the port from a porthole to a verandah on Disney so to be able to do so and get an extra whole room.  Wow.  Thanks to all for their advice!   

• 2 weeks later...

8th deck was great location for us.  We certainly liked being close to Central Park (although our cabins were overlooking Boardwalk) as it was easy access to Park Cafe which had great options for breakfast and lunch and there's a quick access bar there too for us to get drinks on long treks throughout the ship (LOL).   

Having spare key to other room is helpful.  We did that on a prior ship where kids were in own cabin and it worked out great.  I'd suggest something simple too like brining sticky notes to post messages for each cabin if needed.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!  We had an extra key one time when daughter brought friend on a cruise.  And I think we'll miss the app that Disney Cruise Line has to be able to text each other so it's back to the white board or sticky notes for sure! 

Royal iQ supports texting like the DCL app, but Royal iQ app is only available on certain ships (Quantum class ships + Harmony of the Seas)

I keep booking balcony rooms for the most part, but to be honest I'm not sure why I keep doing that.  We keep so busy onboard that all told we probably spend less than 2 hours total on the balcony on a typical cruise.  Generally we use it when pulling into a port at 8am or later....and then we're off to explore the island.

Yeah, I should definitely stop doing that and save the money.