Refreshment Package?

Ron

Every kid is different, so your mileage may vary. But for my kids, it really wouldn't be worth it. They don't drink coffee and might have just one or two virgin drinks throughout the cruise. I just got them the soda package and they were happy campers. 

Unless your five-year old is drinking lots of specialty coffees (not judging! ?), my hunch is that it probably wouldn't be worth it. But @Grenadyr has created a great drink plan calculator that might help provide some guidance on if it would work for you. https://connect.calcapp.net/?app=9tts3#/

Unless your kid drinks a ton of soda, probably not really worth it.  Since he's only 5, s/he's likely always going to be with you when ordering drinks.  You can pay as you go for their drinks and that's a way to monitor intake.  Most of the stuff included with the drink package is sugar, sugar, and more sugar. 

You can get milk and chocolate milk around the ship for free along with flavored waters.  They have juice for free during breakfast hours.