Mini refrigerator

wllm1969

3 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

The mini-fridge is good for keeping pop/wine/snacks/etc cool.  If you have a need to keep something at a regulated temperature (medicine, milk, etc) you need to fill out a special needs request.

I've seen a lot of pictures from multiple ships that have a sticker on it that says that it's a cooler and not a fridge. I've also seen a couple that say freon on the inside label which means it's a fridge but I heard that's rarer.  There are mini refrigerators that they have on the ship designed for medical purposes that you can request as the previous poster mentioned.

There's an email address that you can contact as well as the request. The email is special_needs@rccl.com or I found the online form: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/guest-special-needs. They ask "In order to provide you with the best accessible cruise experience possible, please submit the Guest Special Needs Form at time of booking but no later than 30 days prior to sailing, except for sign language interpreting requests which must be submitted 60 days prior to sailing. This will allow us to make the necessary arrangements for your requested accommodations."

• 2 years later...

a Hint on the mini "cooler", we have found if you prop open the door in front of the cooler slightly (the Royal Hand Sanitizer bottle works well) the cooler works much better and on the last several cruises has kept the contents actually cold. We tell our room steward so they will not remove the prop and have enjoyed actual cold drinks and especially the wife's champagne for her mimosas. 🍹

4 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

a Hint on the mini "cooler", we have found if you prop open the door in front of the cooler slightly (the Royal Hand Sanitizer bottle works well) the cooler works much better and on the last several cruises has kept the contents actually cold. We tell our room steward so they will not remove the prop and have enjoyed actual cold drinks and especially the wife's champagne for her mimosas. 🍹

My “cooler” door is attached to the cabinet door.  No propping here!

I’ve had some coolers that are more like a fridge and I’ve had some coolers that don’t cook at all.  It’s a crap shoot