Best Stores To Purchase a Rolex Watch?

Welcome to the blogs. While I have not been shopping for a Rolex, I feel the same rules for any high end items would apply. I would only shop at an authorized dealer so that you know what you are getting is the real deal. I also wouldn’t expect significant savings since the prices are regulated by Rolex. You may save some money on sales tax possibly, but coming back to the states you would(should) have to declare it and pay import duties which could eat into any sales tax savings. Research prices at home before going, then see how they compare. The money saved might not be worth the hassle of down the road you need service.

Ultra Jewels in Cozumel was good before the craziness started 3-4 years ago.  I think everyone is going to have low stock.  Mexico does have a tax refund program but it takes a very very very long time.  6 months.  They will tell you otherwise.  Then you have the custom fees when you get back.

I would only buy from an authorized Rolex dealer. You can find them on their website. I bought mine back in 1994 at John Bull in St Thomas. No longer a Rolex dealer on St Thomas. 

Price the watch you want at home, then compare when you travel. There are still a few dealers in the Caribbean. I’ve not filled out a declaration form with customs in several years. In October we just walked up to customs agent, he held iPad to my face and confirmed identity. Walked right out. 

Even when we bought my watch 25 years ago, I just walked through customs. My husband on the other hand was stopped and his watch was already 5 years old! Lol 

48 minutes ago, Jill said:

I would only buy from an authorized Rolex dealer. You can find them on their website. I bought mine back in 1994 at John Bull in St Thomas. No longer a Rolex dealer on St Thomas. 

Price the watch you want at home, then compare when you travel. There are still a few dealers in the Caribbean. I’ve not filled out a declaration form with customs in several years. In October we just walked up to customs agent, he held iPad to my face and confirmed identity. Walked right out. 

Even when we bought my watch 25 years ago, I just walked through customs. My husband on the other hand was stopped and his watch was already 5 years old! Lol 

Jill.  Thank you for your response regarding the watch. Everything changes. My travelling partner and I each purchased a Rolex we were instructed to go see customs just after the ship docked in Miami, the request was for all passengers who thought they might have duties to pay. We thought they would verify the model number of the watch and the amount paid for the watch.  As it turned out not all parts of the watch are taxable. We were very surprised. We thank them paid about 50% less than we thought would be required and left the area.

Thank you again.

Stephen

AH Riise in St Thomas. Important to note, if your looking for any (and I mean any) stainless steel sports model Rolex you will be disappointed as they are 100% unavailable anywhere in the world. You will see a display case full of date just models only. Also important to mention, Rolex offers no discounts but you will save on the tax. Good luck. 

6 hours ago, Jill said:

AH Riise is a huge Rolex dealer & located downtown. 

21 hours ago, Stephen Carter said:

Does anyone believe purchasing a Rolex watch  is really cheaper in the Caribbean?  Which stores have you had a good experience?  A less that good experience?

Stephen-

If you want to purchase a Rolex & are looking for any of the highly desirable sports models I would suggest the following:

1. Start a relationship w/ an Authorized Dealer and purchase multiple watches and get on a waiting list. Normally if you purchase a gold or multiple gold Rolex watches the more desirable SS sports models will be offered to you. 

2. Purchase from a trusted Grey Market seller but pay a premium and get the watch via next day air. 

I have done both but prefer to purchase from either:

David SW 

AKA Takuya

Google both and do your research. I am an avid Rolex wristwatch collector and can help you with any questions.  

• 3 weeks later...