Excursion Sold Out on Cruise Planner

WithaY

Hi Everyone!  

I'm a first time cruiser and am getting lots of great tips from this site!  I wanted to book an excursion (the BOSS underwater scooters) but by the time we all decided, the excursion was sold out on cruise planner.  While we do have an alternative choice, I am wondering if this means that the excursion is ABSOLUTELY sold out or just sold out of pre-cruise bookings?  If I can book on board at a higher price I'd do that, but just want to have an idea so I'm not left scrambling at the last minute.  Have contacted RC, but have not heard back.  Thank you!!

I was in the same situation. I called and they said that I can always check on board with the Shore Excursions Desk to see if there was any availability- but that was my only option.

The bad part is- you cant book your back up excursion and then get on the cruise and ask about the first choice because you are within the no cancellation window, if there was an opening  ?  So, I guess I will just have to go on another cruise and make sure I book my first choice LOL

I've never had good luck with getting excursions on the ship, but hopefully your results will be different if you go that route. 

One other thing to remember is to keep checking back with the cruse planner periodically, particularly when you start getting close to the deadline to cancel without penalty. People will occasionally change their minds at the last minute and cancel reservations. 

I actually just got done going through this. There was an excursion my wife and I wanted in St.Maarten that was sold out so I contacted royal Caribbean and they gave me Shorex@rccl.com email so I messaged them. First I got the robot message but within 24 hours I received and email saying they couldn't promise anything but they would try there best to see if space could be opened up. A month later I receive an email that space has opened up and I will have 72 hours to book while they had it on hold.