Newbie Q on Soda/Refreshment Packages

Tigerlaw

First time RCCL cruiser here trying to decide betw. The soda and refreshment packages. Generally speaking, what are the restrictions on these?

I tried to read the fine print, but still couldn't tell. Is it something like one refill every 15 minutes, an hour, or what? Can i get a coffee and then go straight to the coke machine to take back to the room for later? How do they police the no sharing w others rule?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The soda package is soda only. No water, coffee or mock tails.  The refreshment pkg includes all of those.  There is no restriction on how many/often you can get a beverage but you only get 1 at a time.  The single possible exception is usually the server will give you a bottle of water in addition to whatever drink you order.  This varies from time-to-time. Sharing drinks with people who are not entitled to them is strictly prohibited and if you are caught cheating, Royal retains the right to cancel your plan without refund. There are no surefire ways to monitor everyone for cheating but I wouldn’t want to be the one they caught...

2 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

I purchased a soda package. Will I have to pay for water? Where can we get water for free on board?

You will only have to pay for bottled water. You can go to any bar on the ship and they will give you a cup of water for free.

you also don’t need to carry the cup in the MDR etc.

18 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

With the soda package, do we have to carry our cup around to get drinks in the MDR or specialty restaurants?

No, your Seapass card will show that you have the soda package. Anywhere you want to order a soda, you'll just give them your card and they'll bring a soda to you. The only thing you NEED your cup for is the Freestyle machines. 

20 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

I purchased a soda package. Will I have to pay for water? Where can we get water for free on board?

Flavored water is often found at the Windjammer or in the Solarium, or both, depending upon the ship.  Water is also available at Cafe Promenade for the ships with a promenade.  I also drink the water in the stateroom.  Bottled water can be purchased many places, including bars.