Arrival time...

Just now, Canada Cruiser said:

Hi just completed online check in with the new RC app & scheduled for a boarding of 11:30 am. Hotel checkout is 9 a.m. do I dare arrive to terminal prior to 1130? Sailing Oasis out of Miami.

Welcome to the forums! ?

Yes, you can arrive earlier to the terminal with no problem. The boarding time is simply a suggestion with Royal, not mandatory. Many here arrive at 10 or 10:30 to be on the ship as early as possible and maximize embarkation day.

I would show up as early as I can(surprised at a 9am checkout..never heard or experienced that in my life anywhere)

By the time you get out of the hotel and to the port it should be close to 10am......

I wont dispute Twangster's knowledge and experience but I am pretty sure I have been at the port prior to 10am and never had doors locked or not accepting bags..but perhaps that wasn't Miami.

Either way..I wouldn't sweat it....you'll be on the ship by 11am if you're at the port by 10sih....so enjoy!

I suspect that every situation is actually unique based on port, how quickly previous cruisers disembark, how quickly the authorities clear the ship, etc.  Here is my recent experience.  

I walked off Adventure in Port Everglades at 930 yesterday morning to meet my son who joined me for this week.

When we walked into the terminal at 1050,  people were boarding....they announced general boarding as we approached the waiting area. We walked right up and boarded. I’m not in any special group. ie. Suite, Key, Diamond, etc. 

The time on my son’s Set Sail Pass said 1pm. 

Edited by teddy
Typos