When 1/2 your ship gets chartered....

Jill

What are your experiences? This is now the second time one of our cruises has been booked by an MLM. The first time I felt like this group was slightly obnoxious ? however, I also noticed the ship didn’t feel as crowded because they had their own private events going on. 

This time around it’s a spin off company of the same group as before. I hope they aren’t obnoxious and overrun the ship. 

What’s been your experience? 

2 hours ago, Jill said:

What are your experiences? This is now the second time one of our cruises has been booked by an MLM. The first time I felt like this group was slightly obnoxious ? however, I also noticed the ship didn’t feel as crowded because they had their own private events going on. 

This time around it’s a spin off company of the same group as before. I hope they aren’t obnoxious and overrun the ship. 

What’s been your experience? 

What is an MLM?

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

If they all didn't wear convention badges around their necks I might not have known they were there

Did you have a chance to converse with some of them at one of the bars on board? Did they fill you with mirth and humor about their oral adventures into the depths of cavities or the gloom and dome of gum disease or were they "just flossin"? :3_grin:

It ALL depends on the group of people that have chartered it. I have mentioned here numerous times about the time I was on a ship and it must have been about half chartered. It was a religious one and it killed the whole vibe on the ship...from the pools to bars to restaurants. Was the most boring and annoying cruise I have done.

If you have done one before with that type of group..you should know somewhat what to expect.

Good luck!

I believe there are some sites( I don't know them sorry) that lists charters....but I don't believe that its a full complete list. You may have to check multiple sites.

I would just trying goggling your ship and dates as a starting point to see if anything comes up....

Others here can probably be more helpful with links to check...

2 hours ago, Cat mom said:

How did you find out about the Partial charter I’d like to check to see if there’s anything on my cruise Depending on the group it may change my plans

Someone from the company posted on our sailings Facebook group and all of a sudden, they all came out of nowhere! Lol Come to find out it’s not a huge group thank goodness! About 100 of them with corporate also. The parent company that was on my cruise 4 years ago were somewhat annoying. 

Here Is Are Some Thoughts About The Charter. On This Cruise  I Had A Bluegrass Group Cruise And It Did No Effect The Cruise That Much. The Only "Complaints" Is On This Cruise The Group Had More Musician's Than The People Who Paid For The Events. Which That Meant The Musician Equipment Went With Them Everywhere. That Included The Instruments, Amplifiers, Speakers And There Cases. It Was A Minor Issue Each Dat At The Buffet.  But A Positive Was That They Never Shut Down Any Major Venues For There Events. 

Our first cruise was with a group of bikers. I don't think the ship was even partially chartered, just a big group cruise. We got off the ship in St. Maarten and there were 50 or so Harleys lined up on the dock waiting for them. I know storage is tight below deck, so I've always wondered if they had to pay a premium to bring along their bikes, or if this was some sort of excursion and the bikes were all rented on the island and delivered to the dock.

44 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Our first cruise was with a group of bikers. I don't think the ship was even partially chartered, just a big group cruise. We got off the ship in St. Maarten and there were 50 or so Harleys lined up on the dock waiting for them. I know storage is tight below deck, so I've always wondered if they had to pay a premium to bring along their bikes, or if this was some sort of excursion and the bikes were all rented on the island and delivered to the dock.

Not sure if this was the case for the group that you say, but apparently there is a company that specializes in these motorcycle cruises where you get to bring the bike on the ship:

http://www.cruise-eta.com/motorcycle-cruise/