CocoCay South Beach Beach Beds

Missy

I’m curious about the CocoCay Beach Beds on South Beach. Has anyone experienced this excursion recently? We rented one for our Cruise but I can’t seem to find a lot of details. I know what all it includes but I’m not sure how it works? I know it’s first come first serve but I don’t want to get stuck with a beach bed that isn’t front row and I’m not sure how Id avoid that with so many cruises buying the key? Do I have to wait until I’m at the beach beds to secure one? And do we get to choose one or do they assign us a number? Also, is the buffet far from there? 

It’s first come first serve for time of booking. They are already assigned when you board the ship.  I had a south beach bed in December and it was wonderful. But after the new beach club opens, they will be in a different location so i can’t be much help with that. It was nice to have a spot all to ourselves and not have to worry about our seats getting taken while at lunch or whatever. We had a second row bed and it was still awesome. They are staggered so you get a nice view still. 

On 1/26/2020 at 8:37 AM, Notaworryintheworld said:

It’s first come first serve for time of booking. They are already assigned when you board the ship.  I had a south beach bed in December and it was wonderful. But after the new beach club opens, they will be in a different location so i can’t be much help with that. It was nice to have a spot all to ourselves and not have to worry about our seats getting taken while at lunch or whatever. We had a second row bed and it was still awesome. They are staggered so you get a nice view still. 

Thank you! I was really worried with everyone getting off earlier with the key and having the chance to reserve them before we could even get there. Knowing that they are based on the time of booking is very helpful. Although, I wish there were a way to avoid having a second row bed. I'm not thrilled with spending so much money only to be possibly stuck behind a bunch of beds, even if I can still see the water between them. Did you guys leave your stuff there to explore? It'd be nice to have a way to lock stuff up like with the Cabanas. The Beach Club should be open before we get there but I think they are on the far side of that, the last thing on the island I believe.

I found where someone on Cruise Critic forum gave a review of their Mariner Bahamas cruise (Jan 6-10, 2020) and he included photos of the cabana guide map at Coco Cay. Cabana and beach beds are numbered. I read suggestions where once you're on board you should go to the excursion desk and make a request for a specific number. It's worth a try. The link to the review is here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2722616-mariner-live-review-4nt-bahamas-jan-6-10th/page/3/