BOGO 50% off Deluxe Drink Package?

Newtorc

I checked and it shows $65 day for the beverage/voom package (every cruise/ship has different prices) but no mention of a sale. They are having the BOGO for the cruises, but don’t see it for the dining, beverages, etc. I think that you are still getting the “normal” prices. I am guessing that there will be a sale soon, maybe for President’s Day, let’s see. I am waiting until one of them. Good luck! ... Remember, if you buy a package and a better price comes along, you can “return” your package and get the new one at the better price. 

20 minutes ago, Newtorc said:

For our upcoming cruise, the Deluxe Drink Package says that it’s $65/person under the BOGO sale.  Does that seem high?

I’m almost positive that was the “normal” price when I checked the other day.  

That seems to be about the normal price for the cruises that I have looked at.. the $60 price range. One good thing- if you book it and then you find it cheaper at a later date, you can cancel for a refund and book for the new price. I did this with my soda package. I originally paid 12 or something a day and then I found it for 6 or 8 a day.. I figure any savings is better than no savings.  ?

14 minutes ago, Adriana said:

I checked and it shows $65 day for the beverage/voom package (every cruise/ship has different prices) but no mention of a sale. They are having the BOGO for the cruises, but don’t see it for the dining, beverages, etc. I think that you are still getting the “normal” prices. I am guessing that there will be a sale soon, maybe for President’s Day, let’s see. I am waiting until one of them. Good luck! ... Remember, if you buy a package and a better price comes along, you can “return” your package and get the new one at the better price. 

Thanks, I think it’s the regular price too, but it’s definitely saying it’s a sale. Maybe this cruise is just expensive  ?

9CA17A3F-B428-4AA4-B9D1-1A1DECF304BD.png

16 minutes ago, Newtorc said:

Thanks, I think it’s the regular price too, but it’s definitely saying it’s a sale. Maybe this cruise is just expensive  ?

9CA17A3F-B428-4AA4-B9D1-1A1DECF304BD.png

Gotcha!! Perhaps the price changes when you put it into your cart. For instance, since my next cruise I am solo, my price would be the $65, but if you are buying two, when you put it into your cart, the price change will show for the second/fourth one you buy. 

From my experience, the price shown includes the discount. The actual price is the best comparison, the name/percentage of the discount rarely coincides with the price in dollars which seems to vary with time, sailing, etc.  Also, note that an additional 18% gratuity will be added at the time of purchase.

The price you got is their "sale" price.  The 30% off is off the on board price.  The % off doesn't really mean much as Royal has their own math.  Buy at a price you are willing to pay then cancel and re-buy if the price goes lower.  We've been seeing $57 to $61 for the cruises we have scheduled.  18% gratuity will be added at checkout and each adult in the cabin needs to buy it if purchasing online. 

I agree with @SpeedNoodles... just look at the price per day. Also, remember that they add 18% gratuity when you check out.

The best sales usually are the 30% off promos. BOGO 50% is effectively just 25% off. 

As an example, for our upcoming Oasis cruise in May... the onboard/underlying price is $73/day. These are the prices we've seen during the various sales since last year:

Regular pre-cruise "20%" off price ($58-$59 - varies due to rounding)... BOGO 50%, eff. 25% off right now ($55)... 30% off which we grabbed last year ($51). We were spoiled last year and wound up paying $45/day for Allure. We missed out on the infamous DBP price glitch for this cruise since we booked it after they made the correction in the CP! ?

Our price right now...

image.png.b2eb7a52579bb325b361cf5e1fe5f70c.png

We never go by what Royal is calling a "sale"...Its just Royal's fuzzy math.  We just watch our cruise planner from the time we book till we board...Checking at least three times a week.  We learn and know what our cruise basic price for the package is.  If we see it below this base price, we purchase it.  If we see it lower before we cruise...We cancel the first order and repurchase but we have never paid more than $50 per day for any package.

The "sale" is in comparison to on board pricing, not the rate you saw last week or last month.

I suppose if Royal would regularly post the full price and only occasionally discount it then people would see it is as being "on sale".  The problem is many people don't even know about the cruise planner or think items might fluctuate in price.  If Royal only offered a sale once a month for a week many, many people would miss it.  Be careful what you wish for or they might just do that.

Also, cruise length is a big factor.  Short 3 & 4 night cruises have higher DX prices because people can and will drink more for a few days.  Someone on a 7 night cruise will pay less than someone on a 3 night cruise.  Just because someone claims they paid X doesn't mean you will ever see that price.  Know what your limit is and buy it if it ever is below that.   

• 4 weeks later...

Allure sailing for Nov 29th has price drops on the beverage packages today. $65 to $57 for DDP, Refreshment went from $28 to $22. Looks like some price drops on other items as well, some shore excursions and massages. CocoCay Cabanas went down a couple hundred looks like as well.

Getting that pandemic discount.