Crown & Anchor Pin

Adriana

19 hours ago, kadmgs said:

My question is did they actually earn the status or did they get for filming a movie onboard a RCI ship. 

Wondering the same thing. 

19 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've literally never heard of these people.

We were on the same cruise. Walked right by her 1 night when they were on a film break. I thought they were filming an RC commercial, no my wife says, she's that Hallmark actress. Still didn't know who she was until we watched the movie, (my wife is a big Hallmark movie fan,  she tapes them all) and I realized, "Hey, we were on that cruise!" LOL.

1 hour ago, RWDW1204 said:

We were on the same cruise. Walked right by her 1 night when they were on a film break. I thought they were filming an RC commercial, no my wife says, she's that Hallmark actress. Still didn't know who she was until we watched the movie, (my wife is a big Hallmark movie fan,  she tapes them all) and I realized, "Hey, we were on that cruise!" LOL.

Guilty as charged here as well... We don't record all of them. However from Oct. 26th til January 10th, Hallmark Christmas movies were on, whether we were actively watching or not, more often than not. The plot rarely changes, but I catch myself getting sucked into them often. ?

7 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

We are pinless so this is all new to us.   Does anybody have a pic of their pin they can share?   Is there a big difference to the pins for each C & A tier?

Just different in the teeny little crystal that's on the pin...you can buy them on eBay if so inclined:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CROWN-AND-ANCHOR-SOCIETY-Emerald-level-lapel-Pin/163803471041?hash=item2623729cc1:g:~FAAAOSwnehdRe-T

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Just different in the teeny little crystal that's on the pin...you can buy them on eBay if so inclined:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CROWN-AND-ANCHOR-SOCIETY-Emerald-level-lapel-Pin/163803471041?hash=item2623729cc1:g:~FAAAOSwnehdRe-T

Thanks.   Don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing them.

We haven't "earned" the pins yet, still Gold until our cruise next month.

Will be Diamond by October of next year (fingers crossed).

On 1/26/2020 at 8:15 AM, danv3 said:

Never even got one for reaching Emerald, but I wouldn't wear it.  

To be honest, I sort of chuckle at the pinnacles wearing nametags.  

I don't recall receiving Emerald pins either, just platinum and diamond. I'm sending a sternly worded email! ?

9 minutes ago, fonemanbob said:

Now that we got our Diamond pins I wonder if Diamond`s International will buy the diamond.  LOL HAHA And no way will we ever wear those or any future level pins.  I call them pin heads in reference to pinnacle tags. And other terms not fit for print. 

That's ok. I've been called things not fit for print before by people that don't know me from Adam, still sleep pretty well.

There is a time and place to wear the pins such as events where they are relevant like top tier or other CAS provided events.  I find it enlightening to see who is pinnacle or at least the numbers present.

Wearing a pin to the WJ on your bathrobe?  Not so much.  But to each their own.  

I have a D+ pin on my backpack.  I put it there not to lose it but never took it off.  It sort of blends in, most people would never notice it.  

Thank you for all the input! It sounds like it is just a personal decision. I would not put down or judge anyone for wearing their pin, regardless of level. Someone said it nicely, that is shows loyalty or unity, can be pretty to dinners or tier events, and def can be a way to recognize those who have sailed so often and can have some great stories. I am very excited to have reached Diamond, but I probably will not wear mine, except maybe to the tier events or something like that. I may lose it and I am just happy to have been blessed enough to have been able to cruise this often over the years.