Solo cabins

Adriana

Has anyone cruised in a solo cabin? I just booked one for a nine night cruise. I have been lucky enough to have sailed only in balcony and Jr Suite (free upgrade) for the last several years and have not even been inside an interior room in like 15 years, so I do not recall the experience well. I do remember a great night’s sleep, though. I am not too keen on the 106sq ft, but I am hoping for a decent layout. Any thoughts or experiences? Right now, it is prob this cabin or no cruise, but I had heard in the past that it is so uncomfortable that it may not be worth it. Thank you! 

I have been in an interior studio on Anthem three times. It is small, but there is the virtual balcony which really helps. If you don't spend much time in your room or a small space does not bother you they are great. The only advantage to a regular  interior room for solo travel is the double crown and anchor points if that matters to you. 

2 minutes ago, ctwilliams said:

I have been in an interior studio on Anthem three times. It is small, but there is the virtual balcony which really helps. If you don't spend much time in your room or a small space does not bother you they are great. The only advantage to a regular  interior room for solo travel is the double crown and anchor points if that matters to you. 

Thank you!! Unfortunately, no virtual balcony on Adventure, but I try not to spend much time in the cabin, so hoping it will be fine. The longest I did an interior was for a three night weekend cruise in my twenties, so it has been a while. If the seas get choppy and I start to feel queasy, I tend to open the balcony doors for some fresh air, so not sure how I will feel in the inside room. It will prob be too cold to sit on a deck at the end of October in New England & Canada. ...   I asked about the points when I booked and the RC agent said I would still get double points even though it was a solo cabin. I asked again if he was sure and he says, yes. I am pretty sure he was mistaken, though. I am not expecting the double points, but that would be great! 

19 minutes ago, bytheslice said:

I think you know better than the agent you spoke to. My understanding is solo/studio cabins are 1 point per night. Not the Anthem studio cabins with virtual balcony but Anthem does have some studio cabins that are very small. They are part of 3 cabins(designed for families traveling together) with their own hallway door. If your Adventure cabin is as small, you will be spending little time in it other than sleeping. Helps if there is no cushioned chair in such a small space.

Haha! I do not think there is any room for a cushion her chair! I think there is a vanity chair and that is it. I asked about the size and he said 106 sq ft. I am pretty sure you are right, I do not think I will be getting double points. No reason as I will be paying for one person. That mini size will def be a motivator to get out and enjoy the ship!

No double points in studio cabins.

I have a studio inside booked to Iceland.  The rate was fantastic.  Since I'm above 340 points I get a reduced single supplement when booking a regular double occupancy cabin but even with that the regular cabin was $1,200 more so I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a very unique itinerary at my price point.

I also have several Odyssey studio balcony bookings.  Again the rate was too good to pass up for a brand new ship.  Only single points though.  

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

No double points in studio cabins.

I have a studio inside booked to Iceland.  The rate was fantastic.  Since I'm above 340 points I get a reduced single supplement when booking a regular double occupancy cabin but even with that the regular cabin was $1,200 more so I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a very unique itinerary at my price point.

I also have several Odyssey studio balcony bookings.  Again the rate was too good to pass up for a brand new ship.  Only single points though.  

Holy Smokes!!! How cool is that?! What a dream!! I would love to do an Iceland cruise! Perhaps one day I will get to that coveted point of no single supplement. A single balcony I am pretty sure I can do, the openness of it will make up for the enclosed feeling. You have been good in the small cabin for the longer cruises? ... Yup, that is what I thought about the points I asked two or three times and he insisted. I was hoping that maybe it changed! ... Thank you!