How to get to Paradise island from the Nassau port

TimS

We're sailing on Majesty of the seas in May and stopping off in Nassau.  I booked a dolphin swim directly through Blue Lagoon and they have a ferry ride that takes you from Paradise island to the Blue Lagoon island.  my question is how do I get from the port where the ship docks to Paradise island?  I guess one option would be a taxi cab but are there better ways to get there?  are the taxis plentiful in the area or will we sometimes have a problem get catching a cab?

There's plenty of taxis to paradise island but you might also check with them about catching a ferry to/from the port itself.  You'll almost certainly be riding the same ferry boat that picks up Royal's excursion right at the port.

I'm sure you booked something cheaper than Royal's excursion, but will it still be cheaper if you have to pay for 2 taxi rides?

On 1/24/2020 at 2:42 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

There's plenty of taxis to paradise island but you might also check with them about catching a ferry to/from the port itself.  You'll almost certainly be riding the same ferry boat that picks up Royal's excursion right at the port.

I'm sure you booked something cheaper than Royal's excursion, but will it still be cheaper if you have to pay for 2 taxi rides?

The excursion to blue lagoon is not available in my cruise planner so I have no option but to book directly through Blue Lagoon and find my own way to the paradise island ferry.

I called RC and they said if the excursion isn't in my planner then it's not available to purchase through them.  The only dolphin swim excursion through RC is at Atlantis and we're not interested in Atlantis.

We want to catch the 8:45 ferry to the island and the fist ferry from the port to paradise island is at 9:00 so that's a non starter.

Sounds like a taxi is the way to go. 

Yes, I am positive.  The only dolphin encounter I can book through RC is at Atlantis (also on paradise island).  We booked through Blue Lagoon directly as RC does not offer that as an excursions for my sailing.  The ferry that blue lagoon operates leaves from Paradise island.

May sound crazy, but you can walk. It's not the most relaxing walk, and many people may not be comfortable with it (perhaps for lack of relaxation, or a perceived risk), but it's about an hour walk from the cruise terminal to Cabbage Beach, for example. One way to get some good exercise when I plan (or have been) overeating and/or "overdrinking".