Fans allowed on board.

Mikeb1892

Anyone know of any fans that were allowed on board (hopefully looking for a link to Amazon or another retailer for the specific fan that you know was allowed).  I received the following from Guest Services and just want to make sure we bring the correct item. 

Electric fans are allowed onboard as long as the fan has a "certified" sticker such as "UL Certified".

What I really need is something that will move a decent amount of air and make a good amount of white noise (not interested in like a 5" battery powered model).  Size is not really an issue as we'll be driving to port and it will just be my wife and I in the room (4D balcony Oceanview).

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

No experience bringing one, but if you ask your stateroom attendant fast enough they might have a box fan for you.

I will definitely try this.

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Dont have a link handy but i have a couple of plastic fans from Best Buy that i have never had an issue with.

Think they were about $10-$15 each and are 9" fans.

Pretty much anything modern is going to be UL certified as far as i know.

Do you know if they specifically said UL Certified on them?  Also, did you have them in your checked bags or carry-on?  Would this make any difference?

I travel with a 10in fan everywhere as I cannot sleep without the noise..and air on warmer nights. I always pack mines in my luggage and I used it on my Mariner cruise in 2019 and will be using one for any future cruises.Most new fans will be UL certified and I ordered mines from Amazon, the only issue would be if you have to use a convertor.

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I travel with a 10in fan everywhere as I cannot sleep without the noise..and air on warmer nights. I always pack mines in my luggage and I used it on my Mariner cruise in 2019 and will be using one for any future cruises.Most new fans will be UL certified and I ordered mines from Amazon, the only issue would be if you have to use a convertor.

Thanks for the info.  We won't need a converter so we should be good to go.

3 hours ago, Mikeb1892 said:

I will definitely try this.

Do you know if they specifically said UL Certified on them?  Also, did you have them in your checked bags or carry-on?  Would this make any difference?

I will check tonight but 99% sure they are UL certified.

I usually have them in checked might have carried one on once but cant recall for sure.

21 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Is it loud?  I need it for the white noise as well as the air movement.

6 hours ago, Mikeb1892 said:

Do you know if they specifically said UL Certified on them?

I think it would be very hard to find a commercially available fan that isn't certified (mostly UL in the USA, CE in Europe, etc).  As long as you bought it from a store or reputable website, you're almost certainly getting something that will be allowed onboard.

This is the model that we have, we keep it in our cruise suitcase and has gone on the past 6 cruises with us.  We do not leave it plugged in and running when we are out of the room (something that I have read is highly frowned upon).  But it comes out every night due to us loving the white noise, as well as the cooling that it provides!  It is pretty  powerful as well as sturdy and moves quite a bit of air!  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Comfort-Zone-9-HV-3-Speed-All-Metal-Cradle-Fan/21784130

31 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

This is the model that we have, we keep it in our cruise suitcase and has gone on the past 6 cruises with us.  We do not leave it plugged in and running when we are out of the room (something that I have read is highly frowned upon).  But it comes out every night due to us loving the white noise, as well as the cooling that it provides!  It is pretty  powerful as well as sturdy and moves quite a bit of air!  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Comfort-Zone-9-HV-3-Speed-All-Metal-Cradle-Fan/21784130

This sounds perfect. Thank you so much. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...