Same itinerary, different ship

Adriana

Hi! I am looking at doing the 9 night New England & Canada Cruise on Adventure of the Seas in October. I did the same cruise, but on Anthem of early September last year. I absolutely loved it and fell in love with the natural beauty. Any thoughts about doing it again? I am wondering if it being a ship I have never experienced and slightly different time of year would make it worthwhile to do again (besides the fact that it is a cruise). Thank you! 

I've been to Alaska four times and some of those were repeat itineraries.  Every visit is different.  Different weather, different ship, different people, different excursions.  All were great cruises.  

Some people don't like to repeat a port or a ship.  Some like to repeat ports and ships because there is much to do and an opportunity to do something different such as the excursion you wanted to do but couldn't last time.   

Follow your gut, it's your vacation dollars.  

Thank you both so much!! When I lived in South Beach, I did the weekend Bahamas cruise multiple times, and you are right, it was different every times and I always loved it. I took a break from cruising after finally buying my first home and I am so ready to get back on a cruise. Not sure if guilty for spending money in general or not sure about it since same itinerary. But, I did love that itinerary, so beautiful! Thank you for reminding me to enjoy the same thing again, let’s see what my guy (or guilt) decides, should decide today. 

Well, I decided to book the cruise and began the process online...then it would not take my payment over and over, so I called...then found out that it is for an interior studio. God bless! Oh well, this is the only way to kinda quell the guilt. I can handle not doing a balcony room this time. I am still going on a cruise!!! Thank you again!  

13 minutes ago, bytheslice said:

Being a fall foliage cruise with a different sail date the colors you see should be different than last year and hopefully spectacular.

Thank you! That is what I am hoping for, to see the changing colors! Last time was too early, but I am thinking that this year may be too late as we sail on October 22nd. I would have done a couple of weeks earlier, but pricing won. 

24 minutes ago, bytheslice said:

October 22 is late but I have learned that the weather has an impact on the timing of the foliage. Have driven to New Hampshire many times for foliage and still have yet to time it right for peak colors but I keep trying!

Hope springs eternal, right?! I hope you get to see it soon!! Hopefully, the weather allows for some pretty colors! ? 

3 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

I’ve looked at this same cruise in September 2021! I’d b love to hear your review of the cruise from the last time. I loved Alaska just because I feel like I could just sit and enjoy the beauty constantly.

I do not think that I could properly describe the awe and beauty of that cruise! I have sailed the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, Belize, Bermuda. The most beautiful and exhilarating by far was the New England & Canada cruise. It was around September 8th, I think, of 2018 and was for 9 nights. The leaves had not begun changing, but I live in NJ and we get beautifully changing trees, too, so I survived. ?  As I had never been to any of the ports, I did an excursion at each one to learn about the area, history and try new things. I did a walking history tour in Boston, and the others were via coach and involved walking as well. To see the Bay of Fundy and get to walk inside sea caves was breathtaking...and to see the tide fill it all up just moments after being there. The reversing rapids was something to behold, Peggy’s Cove and St. Martins village was out of a picture book. I cannot stand any seafood, but to my surprise, one of the tours included a lobster lunch. When the tour guide said that, I panicked, but looked forwarded to trying something new. There were folks on hand to help special people like me who had no clue how to deshell a lobster and they served a big, grand lunch. Acadia was beyond beautiful. Maine is one of the naturally  prettiest places I have ever seen. The ride to Acadia and in there were amazing and to climb Cadillac Mountain gave me such joy. Mind you, it is no great feat, not like a real mountain climb, but being there, standing atop of it and seeing the majesty around me filled me with such gratitude and appreciation for being given that moment and life in general. Had that feeling in the sea caves, too. It was just one of those cruises that had me take stock and feel life and my blessings. There is beauty everywhere on that cruise. You can be quite active in that one since there are so many outdoor/nature activities, or you can still take the same excursions, but not walk or climb as much. Kennebunk port was so quaint, too!! Def consider it! I also would loooove to do an Alaska cruise for the same reason!

54 minutes ago, bytheslice said:

Hello fellow Jerseyan!  Did an Alaskan cruise in 2016, enjoyed it and beautiful scenery as you said. On the ship, realized almost immediately when seeing the size and grandeur of Alaska that a cruise would not do it justice. A land based tour, in my opinion, is also necessary to fully discover that state. If we ever go back, will certainly do that along with the cruise.

Hello, fellow Jersian!! I agree with you (from what I have heard), for Alaska, it is best to add a land segment to the trip. I can only imagine its beauty!