18-20 Year Olds and Checking In

teddy

This may never apply to anyone, but I figured I'd share what I just learned. 

My wife and I are currently on Adventure.  When we get back to Fort Lauderdale on the 26th, she is going home and I am staying onboard for the following cruise. 

Our 19 year old son will be joining me on the second cruise. 

Because they are not 21, I have to leave the ship and go through check in with them. I will not have to recheck in myself since I will get my seapass before leaving the ship, but they will not be allowed to board without me present.  My luggage will stay onboard and be moved to my new stateroom for me  

My source: Guest Services here onboard.  I've been there three times today trying to figure it all out. 

Well this could be interesting. 

At the consecutive cruisers meeting yesterday, I was told to leave the ship between 7-9 to get my new sea pass then wait for my son to arrive and go through check in with him. 

When I went to leave the ship just now, they told me to meet with the consecutive cruisers (who are staying on the ship) at 930 to go through customs with them and come back onboard.  

The one constant is that I have to be there with him at check in because he is only 19. 

I kinda did something in don’t usually do and commented that he could join the Navy by himself but not board a cruise ship  

I’m curious how this will play out 

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They can’t force you to go back on the ship.  I would wait for my son vs getting right back on the ship.

Same thought. You might want to get off the ship and go through security, check-in for piece of mind with your son. If he gets there early shouldn't be much of a problem.