Roatan - Little French Key

SteveinSC

We went to LFK on a cruise about 3 years ago. The water was gorgeous and the boat ride over was beautiful. We (hubby and I) enjoyed our day but probably would not go back for these reasons:

- lines for included food and drinks was LONG -  didn't seem to matter if it was a coke or a blended drink. All of it took forever

- pretty limited snorkeling right at the island. they do offer a boat ride out to the reef for extra

- pricey for the offerings

- line for boat ride back in the afternoon was insane which added stress

We have teenagers and I would not spend the $$ to take them there. I don't think there is enough to keep them happy for the whole day. If you have littles, they might enjoy the slower pace and calm water. If you just want to chill in a chair and dip your toes in beautiful ocean, you'll love it. If you're looking for more, you might be disappointed. If you decide to do it, go through shore excursioneer. We got to skip the entire line heading over in the morning. That part was awesome!

3 hours ago, LoveCruising71 said:

We went to LFK on a cruise about 3 years ago. The water was gorgeous and the boat ride over was beautiful. We (hubby and I) enjoyed our day but probably would not go back for these reasons:

- lines for included food and drinks was LONG -  didn't seem to matter if it was a coke or a blended drink. All of it took forever

- pretty limited snorkeling right at the island. they do offer a boat ride out to the reef for extra

- pricey for the offerings

- line for boat ride back in the afternoon was insane which added stress

We have teenagers and I would not spend the $$ to take them there. I don't think there is enough to keep them happy for the whole day. If you have littles, they might enjoy the slower pace and calm water. If you just want to chill in a chair and dip your toes in beautiful ocean, you'll love it. If you're looking for more, you might be disappointed. If you decide to do it, go through shore excursioneer. We got to skip the entire line heading over in the morning. That part was awesome!

Thank you so much for the feedback! Very good info, and food for thought.