Disembarkation

Frank

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd recommend carrying your own luggage off the ship so you can be off the ship as early as possible.

Agree with this 100%.  We did self-disembark out of Port Canaveral a few years ago and I was on my couch drinking coffee 20 miles away by 830.  If you jump in an Uber/Lyft as soon as you disembark, the ride to the terminal should be ~45-50 minutes.

Anyone try using the luggage valet that they offer?  I have a flight out of Orlando at 11:30 on Southwest and can not find any info if that flight would qualify for the valet service.  We also have a shuttle booked through GoPort. We have walked off in the past and it wasn't a issue, but we always have had a lot later flight time.

Not sure that Southwest even uses LV.  Back in "the day" they did not.  Maybe they do now.  At any rate, I wouldn't expect an 11:30 AM flight out of MCO to qualify for LV.  That is waaay too early.  Even in FLL your flight must be after noon and the airport is a stone's throw away from the port.  I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

58 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not sure that Southwest even uses LV.  Back in "the day" they did not.  Maybe they do now.  At any rate, I wouldn't expect an 11:30 AM flight out of MCO to qualify for LV.  That is waaay too early.  Even in FLL your flight must be after noon and the airport is a stone's throw away from the port.  I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

The times Royal gives has a no later than time for Southwest but no earliest time...Southwest has a rule where you can't check bags more than 4 hours prior to flight time, so they won't let you luggage valet for flights later than 6pm.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-royal-caribbean-offer-luggage-valet