10 drink specials/drink deals

ebayers

Hey all, 

I saw online somewhere, pictures of drink deals being offered at select bars or on the cruise compass. I looked through an old one for our cruise coming up on Adventure of the Seas but didn't see this offer. Wondering if this is usually something people see offered on ships? 

We elected not to go with the drink package because we have 4 port of calls and feel we won't get enough out of it every day but would still like to indulge regularly so any offers like this would be great for us. 

Thanks in advance! 

They usually will have a drink of the day offering that's a little cheaper than normal pricing.  

If you're talking about the 10 drink card, I have never seen it on any of my cruises but I know it exists.  They tend to roll those out if drink sales aren't going well and they need to generate some more revenue.  They won't be available until the second half of the cruise, if at all.  I would not count on the card being available during your sailing so then you can be surprised if it is!

The 10 drink card is rare...don't count on seeing it.

Drink of the day is usually in the $8.50 range plus 18% grats...so over $10 a drink....takes 4-5 drinks a day and a bottled water to equal the drink package price(if you get it on sale usually)...not hard at all to do even on a port day imho.

$50 for the drink package to me is a no brainer.....

I have only seen it on one of my cruses-FOTS last sailing before amplification.  It was offered on Day 6 of a 7N sailing.

I was not overly surprised to see it offered since this sailing was port heavy (5 ports for 6 days), after the Holidays (1/5 sailing), lots of families, and out of SJ PR.  I felt like quite a few people were still getting drinks but of course there is no telling if they had the package or not.

4 hours ago, ebayers said:

Hey all, 

I saw online somewhere, pictures of drink deals being offered at select bars or on the cruise compass. I looked through an old one for our cruise coming up on Adventure of the Seas but didn't see this offer. Wondering if this is usually something people see offered on ships? 

We elected not to go with the drink package because we have 4 port of calls and feel we won't get enough out of it every day but would still like to indulge regularly so any offers like this would be great for us. 

Thanks in advance! 

One problem with the drink card is that when it is offered late in the trip, you don't have enough time to safely use it.  I can't safely dtrink 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks in a day, so I have no interest in the card. 

Remember also, as others have said, that there are specials on the ship, likely cheap mimosas or free champagne, etc.

2 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

One problem with the drink card is that when it is offered late in the trip, you don't have enough time to safely use it.  I can't safely dtrink 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks in a day, so I have no interest in the card. 

safely drink 4-5 drinks...:4_joy:...that's a just starting the day for me on a cruise....lol

I haven't heard anyone use that reason yet for not getting the drink card on a cruise....:8_laughing:

Just now, monctonguy said:

safely drink 4-5 drinks...:4_joy:...that's a just starting the day for me on a cruise....lol

I haven't heard anyone use that reason yet for not getting the drink card on a cruise....:8_laughing:

When you get old and take meds, it reduces the amount of alcohol your liver can process...honest truth.

Just now, ChessE4 said:

When you get old and take meds, it reduces the amount of alcohol your liver can process...honest truth.

Ok..well that makes sense.

But for someone asking about drink specials and how to find drink deals....not sure that they are concerned about the ability to use the drink pass card, even if it affects your own ability to fully enjoy it.

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The drink card can be shared..so with a few people makes your liver and wallet hurt a little less!

Exactly.   Sharing the card with someone else makes it easier to order those 10 drinks in a couple of days.   

We were lucky enough to see on 3 cruises in a row, but the streak was broken with our Holiday sailing for NYE.   

23 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Ok..well that makes sense.

But for someone asking about drink specials and how to find drink deals....not sure that they are concerned about the ability to use the drink pass card, even if it affects your own ability to fully enjoy it.

I know, I was really suggesting that drinking 10 drinks in two days is overdoing it....but I was trying to be polite and used my legitimate excuse.  The 10 drink cards I saw were about $80, so not really a great deal even if you can down all 10 by sharing.  But I admit $8 is less than $13...I find the other ways of getting cheap or free drinks kind of undercut the unlimited drink packages or the drink cards.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

I know, I was really suggesting that drinking 10 drinks in two days is overdoing it....but I was trying to be polite and used my legitimate excuse. 

You wouldn't have wanted to see my portfolio when I got off HOS if you think 10 drinks in 2 days is overdoing it.....:4_joy:

On 1/23/2020 at 9:37 AM, monctonguy said:

The 10 drink card is rare...don't count on seeing it.

Drink of the day is usually in the $8.50 range plus 18% grats...so over $10 a drink....takes 4-5 drinks a day and a bottled water to equal the drink package price(if you get it on sale usually)...not hard at all to do even on a port day imho.

$50 for the drink package to me is a no brainer.....

You convinced me...I thought it was a lot when I first looked at it and saw about $1350 CAD for myself and girlfriend but after I considered it that's only a little over $500USD pp and that is easily worth it without even factoring in the juice, coffee and water. Thanks for the input!