MTD on Oasis-Only late online reservations available

firstbrownie

When we booked our cruise (my husband and I and our FIRST cruise!!!!!) in December, we were given early traditional dining time and put on wait list for MTD. 
Our cruise is Feb 16th (Oasis) and I just saw this week that we have MTD now. 
However, online to book reservations, the only times available are 8:30, 9p or later.

I had booked our shows based on the 5:30 dining time originally given. So, now a few coincide with the only dinner times available to reserve.

We don’t want to eat at 8:30p. Way to late for us. 
So, do we risk no reservations and just call them in each day in advance? (Read some positive conversations about that here)

Or do we call Royal Caribbean and try to get the 5:30 dining back?

Or do we show up early to MTD with no reservations and wait for them to get us in?

Again, first cruise and we are doing our best to learn all the ropes before we go! Thank you!!!

Go to the dining room as soon as you board and see what you can do about getting reservations at earlier times. 

MTD doesn't even start until 6:30 on the Oasis class ships, and with 6:30-8:00 being the prime dining times that everyone wants it tends to fill up quickly.  They hold back some reservations availability that won't show up online, so speaking with them right when you get on the ship you should be able to get some earlier dining reservations.  You also have the option to do no reservations and then when you show up at the dining room you will go in the no reservations line and they will seat you as tables become available -- just like a busy restaurant on land.

If you are okay with a 5:30 dining time, you may want to see if you can get switched back to that seating just to make it easier on you and have it all taken care of before you sail.