Premium Tea?

JennyJenny

I was looking at the refreshment package and noticed it said "Premium Coffees and Teas"

I understand what they mean with premium COFFEE but was curious what they meant by premium TEA?

I ask as the travel agent for our group tried to talk another gal into canceling her beverage package by arguing over if she drank tea she already got tea free.

I know they have the big vats of "iced tea" for the masses which is free (water, tea, and lemonade I hear) so what kind of tea falls into the "premium" category?

I plan to keep my refreshment package for the mocktails and coffees alone but as an iced tea snob, I suddenly wondered about the tea situation on board....

Premium tea is the tea bags you get from the Cafe/coffee shops.  Complimentary hot tea is also available in all the food venues.  There are a lot of wonderful choices complimentary that you do not need to get the "premium" teas.  I wish I had taken a picture of the tea available but I did not.  My suggestion - go to the live blog section of these boards, find someone currently cruising, and ask them to take a picture of the tea choices in both locations.

8 hours ago, KathyC said:

Premium tea is the tea bags you get from the Cafe/coffee shops.  Complimentary hot tea is also available in all the food venues.  There are a lot of wonderful choices complimentary that you do not need to get the "premium" teas.  I wish I had taken a picture of the tea available but I did not.  My suggestion - go to the live blog section of these boards, find someone currently cruising, and ask them to take a picture of the tea choices in both locations.

So it's just fancy/upscale tea bags?

I wonder if the iced tea is fresh brewed or that horrid mix powder stuff...

22 minutes ago, JennyJenny said:

Definitely does not taste fresh brewed, so likely it is concentrate stuff.

I've never seen premium teas that have an upcharge.  They usually have a selection of tea bags in a variety of flavors everywhere that hot water is offered complimentary.  The only tea I have seen that you can order at the specialty coffee counter is chai tea lattes.

However if you sail on Oasis they have Portside BBQ which does have fresh brewed iced tea, both sweetened and unsweetened!  There is a charge for that tea but it would be covered with the refreshment and deluxe drink packages.

14 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

I was looking at the refreshment package and noticed it said "Premium Coffees and Teas"

I understand what they mean with premium COFFEE but was curious what they meant by premium TEA?

I ask as the travel agent for our group tried to talk another gal into canceling her beverage package by arguing over if she drank tea she already got tea free.

I know they have the big vats of "iced tea" for the masses which is free (water, tea, and lemonade I hear) so what kind of tea falls into the "premium" category?

I plan to keep my refreshment package for the mocktails and coffees alone but as an iced tea snob, I suddenly wondered about the tea situation on board....

When I purchased a coffee card, I was able to get a Chai Tea for my wife at the Cafe Promenade. That is one type of premium tea.

7 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

So it's just fancy/upscale tea bags?

It is a fancier brand that are additional cost.  

I tried the ice tea once...and never again.  It was terrible.  

We are particular about our tea. At home we drink Williamson, Republic of Tea, and Yorkshire Gold to name a few. The standard tea was solid on Allure. We drink mainly British Breakfast and an occasional green tea. The problem is I didn't pay attention to the name of the tea served and I've never seen it for sale in the USA.  We did have the DBP and could have found premium teas but the standard stuff was readily available in the Windjammer, Main Dining Room,and Specialty Dining so we ordered and enjoyed it.

14 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Definitely does not taste fresh brewed, so likely it is concentrate stuff.

I've never seen premium teas that have an upcharge.  They usually have a selection of tea bags in a variety of flavors everywhere that hot water is offered complimentary.  The only tea I have seen that you can order at the specialty coffee counter is chai tea lattes.

However if you sail on Oasis they have Portside BBQ which does have fresh brewed iced tea, both sweetened and unsweetened!  There is a charge for that tea but it would be covered with the refreshment and deluxe drink packages.

Oh dear. A week without my tea.... I need fresh brewed tea. I may have to MacGuyer it.... I am on Grandeur....

5 hours ago, foxrunner said:

We are particular about our tea. At home we drink Williamson, Republic of Tea, and Yorkshire Gold to name a few. The standard tea was solid on Allure. We drink mainly British Breakfast and an occasional green tea. The problem is I didn't pay attention to the name of the tea served and I've never seen it for sale in the USA.  We did have the DBP and could have found premium teas but the standard stuff was readily available in the Windjammer, Main Dining Room,and Specialty Dining so we ordered and enjoyed it.

I am mostly an iced tea (straight black, no sugar) gal. If I do hot, it's Earl Gray.

23 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

Oh dear. A week without my tea.... I need fresh brewed tea. I may have to MacGuyer it.... I am on Grandeur....

I periscoped from Grandeur last April.  Let me see if I have any scopes with the tea in it. 

Edited to add, unfortunately I do not. ?