Guacamole/Sushi/Cupcake classes and Unlimited dining??

Pam

Does anyone know if the Guacamole/Sushi/Cupcake classes are covered by the Unlimited Dining Package?  On my cruise planner for my June Harmony cruise, it says those classes can be included in the 3, 4 or 5 night dining packages.  Does that mean they are excluded with the UDP? 

Thanks!

To my knowledge, nothing that is included in the 3, 4 or 5 night package is exempt from the UDP.  Having said that, however, I do not believe that the "cooking/decorating" classes are included in any dining package.  These are considered special "events" and not meals. It is my understanding that the only time these "events" are complimentary are for those in Star Class.

That's what I thought too, but in my cruise planner it says under all 3 of these classes "Class can be included in the 3-4 or 5 dining Package."

I was just wondering if anyone actually tried this on board and was successful at applying the $35 dining credit toward the class.

18 minutes ago, Pam said:

That's what I thought too, but in my cruise planner it says under all 3 of these classes "Class can be included in the 3-4 or 5 dining Package."

I was just wondering if anyone actually tried this on board and was successful at applying the $35 dining credit toward the class.

The UDP will not cover the classes. 

The "3-4 or 5 dining Package" is not the same as the UDP, even on a 3,4, 5 night cruise.  Those packages mean that you only get 3, 4, or 5 meals in total and they let you substitute those meals with an ala carte dining credit of $35.  They did let you substitute a meal credit for one of the classes (and may still offer this option with those packages) but this is not the same for the unlimited dining package and it even states that under the Terms & Conditions where it excludes culinary experiences.