The Key Program

Frank

We my wife and two sons had the key on Allure over New Years this year. The Key is worth it if you are going to use all of the aspects of the program listed below.

1 You are going to purchase WiFi and use it.

2 You are going to go to the shows and get the reserved seats which are very good.

3 You are going to attend the Key only times for Flowrider, Rock Climbing and Zipline.

4 Priority embarkation and debarkation is important to you.

5 You want the Chops lunch and special final breakfast.  

For us because we checked all of the above boxes it was worth it.

If I had a tight return flight schedule and nothing else on the list above appealed to you it could be worth it. If you have  a high level Crown& Anchor  status it is also probably not worth it. 

You should review the list of benefits, analyze the price, and decide if you feel the benefits are worth the price.  The price is per person per day so I suggest you add it to your cart and see what the total is.  Many people who are already looking to get an internet package sometimes find it's worth it to just go ahead and get the key....other's do not.  I think it also depends on the ship you are going on, number of days, etc.  What can be challenging is that sometimes (not always) the times for the activities such as Flow rider for the Key is right before a meal time or during a meal time.  On some ships with some shows, reserved seats for the Key can be necessary if you do not want to go at least 30 minutes ahead of time whereas other times you can go up to the last minute and find a great spot.  My husband have never found the Key to be worth spending money on but every cruiser is different.

4 minutes ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

You should review the list of benefits, analyze the price, and decide if you feel the benefits are worth the price.  The price is per person per day so I suggest you add it to your cart and see what the total is.  Many people who are already looking to get an internet package sometimes find it's worth it to just go ahead and get the key....other's do not.  I think it also depends on the ship you are going on, number of days, etc.  What can be challenging is that sometimes (not always) the times for the activities such as Flow rider for the Key is right before a meal time or during a meal time.  On some ships with some shows, reserved seats for the Key can be necessary if you do not want to go at least 30 minutes ahead of time whereas other times you can go up to the last minute and find a great spot.  My husband have never found the Key to be worth spending money on but every cruiser is different.

You make a great point, if you are going to purchase the internet package and the key program only cost a few more dollars then go for it! 

3 hours ago, Frank said:

You make a great point, if you are going to purchase the internet package and the key program only cost a few more dollars then go for it!

That was my situation.  Surf & Stream for my booking bottomed out at $15.99 a day over Black Friday weekend.  The Key was being offered for $19.99.  As an Emerald member cruising on an Oasis class ship with two wonderful but not always so patient kids (one of whom is 5, so I don't have to pay for The Key for him), it was a no-brainer for me, but the stars really did align in this case.