Majesty Cruisers need your help!

RoyalGreek

Calling all Diamond and above cruisers.  Royal has decided to stop holding its nightly Diamond Event in the Viking Crown Lounge on Majesty of the Seas. For those of us that enjoy that time of fellowship with others over a nice drink please contact Royal to voice your disapproval. Even if you don’t regularly cruise on Majesty. Who’s to say this is only the start of a trend. Is the Vision class next?

If you want to voice your disappointment.

Please call 1-800-526-9723.
You can also fill out a form online at RCCL.com

A strong outcry can bring change. 

I sent an email expressing an understanding for the need for change.

Something has to give.  The system can't accommodate the rapidly growing numbers.  If this doesn't change something else will.  Be careful what you wish for.  If I'm going to battle, it's not going to be for Majesty's Diamond event.   

Don't become so focused on this one battle you lose sight of the bigger picture.  What's the saying?  You might win a battle but it's a moot point if you lose the war.  

It’s not about that at all and I’ve never been “privileged “. I’m a blue collar home builder that has spent a lot of money with Royal in the past to earn that benefit so stop being a jerk. It’s about something you have strived for and now it’s been removed for no good reason. 
Royal says it’s because they don’t have a dedicated room for it. I’ve spent many a night in the Viking Crown Lounge and it works just fine. Never has been an issue. Looks like a money move to me and a lot of other people. Who’s to say they won’t stop with just Majesty. 

I'm not sure how it's a real money saver for Royal other than they don't have to staff the area every night.  They still give the Diamond drink vouchers on the card which you can use at all of the other bars that are already staffed.  I much prefer the flexibility of the vouchers over having to go to a specific place in the evening.  

But if it that upsetting to you that Royal doesn't care about your loyalty, you can choose to speak with your vacation dollars and cruise elsewhere.  I'm not sure there are any other mainstream cruise lines that reward loyalty any better, though.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm not sure how it's a real money saver for Royal other than they don't have to staff the area every night. 

On Majesty, Diamond hour takes over the VCL, so lost revenue? Plus, as you mentioned the staffing issue.

I'm torn on this issue.  I don't frankly spend much time in the lounge at all on any ship. But, this very well could be a "slippery slope" situation, to @RoyalGreek point.

However, I also agree with @twangster that this isn't necessarily worthy of a battle cry to arms over it. 

Thanks Matt,

I do agree that this could be a worrisome trend in the future. I completely understand the need for minor adjustments in the future, but don’t completely remove a function that is held every night on other ships. 
I know Empress does not do it, but that’s a whole other issue in regards to space available. 

1 minute ago, RoyalGreek said:

I do agree that this could be a worrisome trend in the future. I completely understand the need for minor adjustments in the future, but don’t completely remove a function that is held every night on other ships. 

On the one hand, I seriously doubt there are a ton of guests clamoring for access to the VCL during Diamond Hour (heck, I bet most have no clue it's up there). But on the other hand, other ships with Diamond hour time have a dedicated lounge for it.

who knows idk GIF

So I'm not sure what to think quite frankly!