CocoCay Oasis Lagoon Cabana Thoughts?

DeanB

That would depend on how much you paid, and what you get for the money.

Personally, a cruise ship that takes me to a private island, where I have to pay through the nose for everything is called "taking the mickey".

I would just stay on the ship and enjoy the facilities I have already paid for without the crowds.

1 hour ago, Balsam said:

Personally, a cruise ship that takes me to a private island, where I have to pay through the nose for everything is called "taking the mickey".

I would just stay on the ship and enjoy the facilities I have already paid for without the crowds.

Having seen some of the prices for these cabanas, I am amazed that anyone would bother. One of the prices I saw on Matt's blogpost was over $2.5K. I mean, seriously.

1 hour ago, KWofPerth said:

Having seen some of the prices for these cabanas, I am amazed that anyone would bother. One of the prices I saw on Matt's blogpost was over $2.5K. I mean, seriously.

The over-the-water cabanas are the ones that can get up to $2.5k - in the Beach Club area.  The Oasis Lagoon Cabanas are around the fresh water pool. We snagged one in December for $317 for 3 of us and we felt it was a good deal (it's rare to find them quite that low though).  While we enjoyed them (and pretty much needed one that day since it was windy and cool), I'm not sure I'd do it again unless I had the right price and number of people.  We definitely won't do it for just two of us.

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The over-the-water cabanas are the ones that can get up to $2.5k - in the Beach Club area.  The Oasis Lagoon Cabanas are around the fresh water pool. We snagged one in December for $317 for 3 of us and we felt it was a good deal (it's rare to find them quite that low though).  While we enjoyed them (and pretty much needed one that day since it was windy and cool), I'm not sure I'd do it again unless I had the right price and number of people.  We definitely won't do it for just two of us.

I appreciate that there are benefits to a cabana, and $317 is reasonable.

'ish.

$2,500 is not, no matter what else is thrown in. As a comparison, my last cruise (7nts) only cost $700US.

36 minutes ago, KWofPerth said:

I appreciate that there are benefits to a cabana, and $317 is reasonable.

'ish.

$2,500 is not, no matter what else is thrown in. As a comparison, my last cruise (7nts) only cost $700US.

I won't argue you that! Most of the cabanas are at least doable if you split the cost between 6-8 people, but not the Beach Club.

We have not done the Oasis cabana, but have done the Chill (we are beach people)  Paid 449 for the cabana and have absolutely ZERO regrets,.  Loved the service.  No waiting in line at the bar.  Food delivered to us, not only lunch, but special snacks throughout the day.  Towels.  Shade.  Safe for our belongings.  ETC

That being said,  we have been on multiple cruises, and done almost all of our bucket list items for excursions, thus, the cabanas are our big splurge (we have a budget).  If, it did come down to dollars and cents, than I would probably not do the cabana over doing...let's say para-sailing and Chef's Table for dinner.  

8 hours ago, Balsam said:

We’ve been to the island twice since its upgrades. Both days we got great spots on the beach and brought our own snorkels and rafts. Spent an hour or so at the pool. Ate great food until we were stuffed. Didn’t get back on the ship until the last few minutes before setting sail. Had the “perfect day” without needing to spend a single dollar.

I agree with you that all the “upcharge” options seem crazy to me, but to each their own. Some of those (water park, balloon, excursions) are actually improving my experience as they spread out the crowds. So if someone wants to drop hundreds (or thousands) on a cabana, good for them. That money is why the island got its upgrades in the first place.