Harmony of the Seas 2020

Missy

We will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas soon and I'm wondering if anyone has a recent itinerary they can share for any special events we may need to prepare for? Also any reviews on recent experiences with any of the extra excursions or restaurants we plan to try?  We plan to try Wonderland for the first time so if anyone has eaten there recently, how was that? We also plan to try Jamie's and Izumi. Our shore excursions will consist of a beach bed on South Beach in CocoCay, Sea Trek in Cozumel as well as the all inclusive dolphin and manatee experience, and the monkey, sloth, and iguana interaction on Roatan. We plan to just explore the port in Costa Maya I believe. Any feed back I can get would be a huge help.

Check out a past Cruise Compass to get an idea of the sort of events they will offer on Harmony. We keep an archive of past Cruise Compasses here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=1071

13 hours ago, Missy said:

We plan to try Wonderland for the first time so if anyone has eaten there recently, how was that?

Fabulous choice! Lots of fun. Don't let the menu scare you...lots of tasty food that is presented uniquely.

13 hours ago, Missy said:

Our shore excursions will consist of a beach bed on South Beach in CocoCay, Sea Trek in Cozumel as well as the all inclusive dolphin and manatee experience, and the monkey, sloth, and iguana interaction on Roatan. We plan to just explore the port in Costa Maya I believe.

Sounds like good plans for in each port. I'm curious to hear about your tour in Roatan because I'm eyeing something similar for my March cruise. Which tour did you book?

@Matt

We booked directly through Daniel Johnson's in Roatan for the Monkey/Sloth Hangout and snorkeling. I actually called them, they were helpful and friendly. All the reviews online looked very good. They pick up and drop off at the ship.

https://monkeyandslothhangout.com/home/index.php/product/monkey-snorkeling/

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Sounds like good plans for in each port. I'm curious to hear about your tour in Roatan because I'm eyeing something similar for my March cruise. Which tour did you book?

We actually visited the monkey/sloth hangout on our Roatan tour that we took instead of the Mayan Princess group excursion on the last Thanksgiving group cruise.  It was definitely a highlight.  We used a private tour guide but @CGTLH would have all the details on who exactly we used.  We ended up going all over Roatan and could have customized the day however we wanted.

31 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

We used a private tour guide but @CGTLH would have all the details on who exactly we used.

Would have been Daniel Johnson. Tour would have been the Island Tour that included a stop at the Hangout.

https://monkeyandslothhangout.com/home/index.php/product/trip-to-the-island/#more-761

12 hours ago, Matt said:

Check out a past Cruise Compass to get an idea of the sort of events they will offer on Harmony. We keep an archive of past Cruise Compasses here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=1071

Fabulous choice! Lots of fun. Don't let the menu scare you...lots of tasty food that is presented uniquely.

I'm still new to this site so I'm not sure if I'm responding correctly?! haha I just hit Quote under your response. Thank you so much for that link! That is very helpful!

The Roatan tour we booked is the Daniel Johnson's Monkey/Sloth Hangout but we booked it through Royal Caribbean and it was labeled as the Accessible Roatan Monkey, Sloth And Iguana Interaction. We looked at doing the Gumbalima Preservation Park excursion which would have been cheaper, but it didn't look like we'd get as much interaction which we all really wanted. And besides that, we will spend the previous day in Cozumel doing the SeaTrek and exploring the Chankanaab Park in Cozumel so we will most likely be exhausted by that time. ?

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

We actually visited the monkey/sloth hangout on our Roatan tour that we took instead of the Mayan Princess group excursion on the last Thanksgiving group cruise.  It was definitely a highlight.  We used a private tour guide but @CGTLH would have all the details on who exactly we used.  We ended up going all over Roatan and could have customized the day however we wanted.

Hi Ashley, I am so excited to get to talk to others who have done these things. lol Did everyone get a chance to hold the sloths? Also, did they take photos or just allow you to take photos? I've seen a few videos of the monkeys diving down peoples shirts! ? I wasn't thrilled with how many people they seemed to take in at one time but I'm still super excited. I wish I could get some feed back on the other excursions too.

11 hours ago, Missy said:

Hi Ashley, I am so excited to get to talk to others who have done these things. lol Did everyone get a chance to hold the sloths? Also, did they take photos or just allow you to take photos? I've seen a few videos of the monkeys diving down peoples shirts! ? I wasn't thrilled with how many people they seemed to take in at one time but I'm still super excited. I wish I could get some feed back on the other excursions too.

Yup, anyone that wanted to got to hold the sloths.  We were allowed to take photos with our own cameras.  Then they let us into the monkey pen and warned us that the monkeys were very mischievous.  We were advised to leave our bags outside of the pen and sure enough we watched a monkey reach out of the pen and attempt to unzip one of the bags.  We also watched one steal a cell phone out of a man's front pocket and climb all the way to the top of the pen to play keep away.  It was hilarious to us but I don't think the guy thought it was very funny! ?  You also get to go into the bird pen where you feed the and hold parrots and macaws.  There are restrooms on site and a small little gift shop.  They also have a boat launch where they take folks snorkeling if that's an option for the tour they booked.

They were good about only sending a few families in at a time when I went, but I was also on a private tour and we didn't arrive when there was a large tour bus.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, AshleyDillo said:

Yup, anyone that wanted to got to hold the sloths.  We were allowed to take photos with our own cameras.  Then they let us into the monkey pen and warned us that the monkeys were very mischievous.  We were advised to leave our bags outside of the pen and sure enough we watched a monkey reach out of the pen and attempt to unzip one of the bags.  We also watched one steal a cell phone out of a man's front pocket and climb all the way to the top of the pen to play keep away.  It was hilarious to us but I don't think the guy thought it was very funny! ?  You also get to go into the bird pen where you feed the and hold parrots and macaws.  There are restrooms on site and a small little gift shop.  They also have a boat launch where they take folks snorkeling if that's an option for the tour they booked.

They were good about only sending a few families in at a time when I went, but I was also on a private tour and we didn't arrive when there was a large tour bus.

I am so grateful to have found this blog! It has been so helpful! Thank you so much, I am SO excited!

bikini playing GIF happy very funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

On 1/21/2020 at 7:24 PM, Missy said:

We will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas soon and I'm wondering if anyone has a recent itinerary they can share for any special events we may need to prepare for? Also any reviews on recent experiences with any of the extra excursions or restaurants we plan to try?  We plan to try Wonderland for the first time so if anyone has eaten there recently, how was that? We also plan to try Jamie's and Izumi. Our shore excursions will consist of a beach bed on South Beach in CocoCay, Sea Trek in Cozumel as well as the all inclusive dolphin and manatee experience, and the monkey, sloth, and iguana interaction on Roatan. We plan to just explore the port in Costa Maya I believe. Any feed back I can get would be a huge help.

I'm still looking for more details on the all inclusive dolphin and manatee experience in Chankanaab in Cozumel. We will have the Blue Water Sea Trek before this excursion so I have lots of questions. The Sea Trek is said to be finished at 10 and we booked the dolphin experience at 11:30. Will there still be someone at the port to take us to the next excursion or will we need to get transportation since it won't be morning? I'd also like to know what times the buffet and sea lion shows are available there? Also, it says all inclusive but it only shows unlimited drinks in conjunction with the buffet and I've seen videos with others having issues with what they are suppose to have included so I'm wondering what others experiences have been? I think my only other questions are with Izumi. We have the 3 night dining package and plan to book Izumi as one of those. We only want Hibachi. Do I just tell them my preference when I make that reservation? And does that also include the $10 upcharge? I've seen complaints about Wonderland concerning the waiters controlling the meal, can we choose for ourselves? 

8 hours ago, Missy said:

I think my only other questions are with Izumi. We have the 3 night dining package and plan to book Izumi as one of those. We only want Hibachi. Do I just tell them my preference when I make that reservation? And does that also include the $10 upcharge? I've seen complaints about Wonderland concerning the waiters controlling the meal, can we choose for ourselves? 

Izumi Sushi and Izumi Hibachi can be thought of as 2 separate venues with different seating areas.  The hibachi side does have a limited sushi menu that can be ordered off of.  They will assess a $10 upcharge for the hibachi per the terms of the unlimited dining package.  As for Wonderland, you can tell them you'd prefer to order for yourself.  You probably will still get extra items that the waiters insist you try, but if there's something you really want from the menu or a food preference you want to avoid, just let them know.  And don't feel bad about not eating something extra that they brought you.  But if you are adventurous in eating, there are plenty of fun and interesting items to try!