7 Mile Beach excursion - Grand Cayman

jake1004

Just booked a 6 day Western on Adventure. It will be stopping in the Grand Cayman and I am looking into excursions there. We did some snorkeling with sting rays previously and were looking at 7 Mile beach. I see two excursions: 7 mile beach break and Coral Beach club at 7 mile beach. I don't know which one is better! Any advice?

10 minutes ago, jake1004 said:

Just booked a 6 day Western on Adventure. It will be stopping in the Grand Cayman and I am looking into excursions there. We did some snorkeling with sting rays previously and were looking at 7 Mile beach. I see two excursions: 7 mile beach break and Coral Beach club at 7 mile beach. I don't know which one is better! Any advice?

You can probably find an operator in the port who can give  you a good day at 7 mile beach for less $ than going through the cruise line.  Heck, it's about a $4 cab ride apeice to get there and 4 more to get back.  The question is what kind of accommodations do you want?  You can negotiate all of that on the spot.  Cayman is safe and aside from some traffic, easy to get around. 

16 hours ago, jake1004 said:

Not sure exactly what you're looking for....but our go-to day at Cayman is to walk to the right, along the ocean, as you're leaving the compound (you will pass the Harley Davidson shop and the Hard Rock on your way)...maybe a 10 minute walk to Paradise.  It is a restaurant but there is a dive shop on the property as well.  For just a few dollars ($18 I think) they will rent you snorkel gear and allow you the use of the covered pavilion, tables, chairs and access to food for the day (food at the restaurant is a bit $$ but then it is everywhere on GC).  The snorkeling just off the property is excellent.  Some of the dive/snorkel excursion boats actually come to the exact same location to bring their paying customers !! They have metal stairs down to the water and the snorkeling there is some of the best we've ever done.  Dan actually followed a nurse shark around for about 40 minutes.  When he got back to the shop and told the workers there that he had seen the shark, they were all excited and ran into the water.  They said that was only the second time EVER (and these were locals) than anyone had seen a nurse shark.

If you decide to do this, be sure and bring some dry cereal from the Windjammer to feed the fish.  The place is SWARMING with tarpon right off the deck.  The tarpon are snobs and won't eat the cereal but the little fish love it !