First time on Royal Caribbean

I was on Harmony in August and loved it.  I was in a suite and ate dinner each night in the suite restaurant (Coastal Kitchen).  I also at various times, enjoyed MiniBites, Park Cafe and Sorentos.  I did not eat in either the Solarium Bistro or Windjammer-the buffet options, due primarily to personal preference.  I am not a huge fan of buffets.  There is at least one other included option-the Dog House, but I don't like hot dogs, so I did not try it.  There are also a lot of specialty restaurants-my group did not try them because we were very content with the included options.  

@disneycyclones, you are going to LOVE your sailing. We are platinum at DCL but due to so many diminished experiences as well as the constant taking away of amenities while still raising the prices, we decided to sail RCCL. We sailed the Harmony this past November in a suite that was the cost of a DCL family ocean view. The ship was gorgeous and the staff so friendly. We were so happy with our experience (and coco cay) that we already booked two more sailings, in 2020. Embarkation alone in PC leaves you speechless! I am so excited for you and look forward to hearing about your experience. Don't forget to refer to the cruise compass' above to get an idea of what is ahead for you. Any specific questions no matter how small you think our friends here have your back, this blog and this group of people ROCK! Fyi, if you look through trip blogs you can see a representation of the MDR menus, lots of pics there!! Have fun ?

We were on Harmony last year and ate at the Solarium Bistro on our final night, and I wish I knew how amazing it was prior to then because I would have gone back! We had eaten there for lunch but it was like being in a mini Windjammer, so nothing too special. But when we went for dinner that night, we were seated at a table, we were only ones in there except for another couple (around 8pm), you order your food with the wait staff, but then you can walk up and get apps and salads, pasta salads, etc., at the buffet portion while you wait. I thought it was incredible! It was our favorite meal. I had fresh fish for dinner and it was just so tasty. Then we walked out to the Solarium bar afterward and sat in the jacuzzi with our drinks.

During the day Mini Bites was also on point, those nachos though! My hubby loves the Dog House, they were pretty good. But I preferred the pizza in Sorrentos for snackage. 

Harmony has been one of the best ships for us as far as food and snacks go.  You'll love it!

On 1/21/2020 at 5:09 PM, KWong said:

You forgot about Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

When we were on it last year, we had no idea that Johnny Rockets did breakfast until after the fact! I was so bummed! I'm hoping to go on the same class again so I can enjoy that little perk. Harmony has a lot to offer in the food area, it's pretty awesome.

4 minutes ago, disneycyclones said:

Thanks for all the responses. Are many of these food options part of the cruise price?

Johnny Rockets for breakfast only is included.  Solarium is included (buffet breakfast lunch, sit-down/buffet dinner).  Sorrentos is included.  Cafe Promenade food is included.  MiniBites is included.  DogHouse is included.  Windjammer (buffet) is included.  Main Dining Room (breakfast/lunch/dinner) is included.  Park Cafe is included.