Triple Occupancy Balcony to a Double

Alofaso90

Hello Everyone, 

Im sorry if this question has been asked before. I am traveling with a big family group, we have about 10 staterooms. Here is the scenario,  we have one triple room and one double room. One person in the double room might not be able to come. if i move the one person from the triple into the double in place of the one who cant come, will it bump up the price on the two people in the double since all rooms are priced at double occupancy? I know that third person will have to pay the difference moving into the double. I hope that wasn't confusing im sorry if it was, im not sure how else to word it. Thank you! 

18 minutes ago, Alofaso90 said:

Thank you So much Ashley! This is what i thought i just wanted to confirm i had the correct information. Its hard trying to wrangle 30 people. -_-

Thank you!

Confirm with your TA (and with 30 people I really hope that you are using one!!) to make sure nothing gets affected by dropping the third person.  Sometimes they won't let you keep a triple room for only 2 people..that's why you will often hear us recommend to "no-show" over cancel if someone can't make a cruise.  

It's my understanding that dropping a third person won't cause a reprice but adding a third person does.

Well this is our second family cruise, and the second time i am handling everything. I must be crazy. We got a great deal on a southern Caribbean on the Freedom of the Seas and we jumped on it all reserving the guaranteed ocean view balcony and we let RCL pick the rooms for us. The group rates were actually more then the book individual rates. So we all booked on our own and in handling all the logistics haha. Thank you for your help tho, i will confirm this and we will know well before the final payment is due.   

24 minutes ago, Alofaso90 said:

Well this is our second family cruise, and the second time i am handling everything. I must be crazy. We got a great deal on a southern Caribbean on the Freedom of the Seas and we jumped on it all reserving the guaranteed ocean view balcony and we let RCL pick the rooms for us. The group rates were actually more then the book individual rates. So we all booked on our own and in handling all the logistics haha. Thank you for your help tho, i will confirm this and we will know well before the final payment is due.   

You might be able to still transfer your booking to a TA..won't cost you anything and you may even be able to get some extras!  Then the TA has to deal with Royal for all the changes.  I thought I would hate using a TA but I absolutely love the convenience!

6 minutes ago, Alofaso90 said:

Well thats good to know! i will get all the res numbers together and see if i can get it all in one group! That would help out so much. 

MEI Travel is the sponsor of this website and they're really good with dealing with groups..I would highly recommend them.

Not to burst your bubble-but I hope you've looked into flights already.  I am not sure when your cruise is but the flights from the US to SJ generally run high with several people complaining on the FOTS FB group that they see flights costing as much as their cruise.  We got lucky with our recent FOTS cruise out of SJ-my recommendation is to check early and check often.  I just wanted to warn you and your group of this so you can be prepared.  I will say the Southern Caribbean itinerary is well worth it and Freedom is a wonderful ship.