Alamo rental drop off at Cape Canaveral

TotalF

So, we're renting a car from Alamo MCO and our travel agent has arranged for us to drop it off at cape canaveral before going on our feb Harmony cruise. 

I just looked it up and alamo at cape canaveral is roughly 1 mile away from cruise terminal 1. 

Anyone have any experience with this? Am I supposed to first drop off my family at the cruise terminal, drive to alamo and then walk it back? 

Any input would be appreciated ?????

We just did this a week ago and it worked great. Picked up at MCO around 9:00, stopped for wine, water, and gas at Publix, and arrived at the Alamo location around 10:30. Keep in mind this is also the location for National and Enterprise, so we found it mobbed with people and were a bit concerned. Turns out a majority of them were either returning from cruises and picking up or headed out with Disney or Carnival as we heard a shuttle driver call for Mariner and we immediately boarded and were at the terminal within minutes, all before 11:00 which was perfect.

We also rented from them on the way back to MCO. Once we had our luggage we followed the signs for rental car shuttles which took us around the terminal. Finally we ended up in an area with lots of people standing around. A porter confirmed this was the rental car area but there were no signs for the companies so no one knew where to stand. We overheard some others talking about walking so we headed out knowing that it wasn’t very far and wanted to avoid the rush of people we experienced at the office on the first day. It was a 10-15 minute walk with luggage, you can cut across the park with the observation tower. We passed one shuttle on the way that would only have fit maybe 2-3 families (again it’s for all three companies) and beat everyone to the office. We were second in line when we got there, got a free upgrade to a minivan (from full size), and were on our way to Kennedy Space Center by 9:00 (we debarked around 8:30).

All in all it worked out well for us both ways. We took a shuttle last time but disliked having to wait and not being able to stop for wine and water, and the cost was roughly the same for a family of four, especially because we needed a car on the last day since we weren’t flying out until the following morning. My best advice would be to consider dropping your family at the terminal with everything and then taking the shuttle or walking over from the office. Same for the way back if you rent a car, as in hindsight it made little sense for my wife and kids to have to roll luggage even that short distance.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, TotalF said:

So, we're renting a car from Alamo MCO and our travel agent has arranged for us to drop it off at cape canaveral before going on our feb Harmony cruise. 

I just looked it up and alamo at cape canaveral is roughly 1 mile away from cruise terminal 1. 

Anyone have any experience with this? Am I supposed to first drop off my family at the cruise terminal, drive to alamo and then walk it back? 

Any input would be appreciated ?????

Yep. Drop the family off and return car.  Walk to terminal.  Did this many times.  One time I had a shuttle driver stop and pick me up as soon as I started to walk back.  But the walk is quick and easy so no worries.