Cape Liberty Hotel and transportation to port

GabeTX

On 1/20/2020 at 6:20 PM, GabeTX said:

Any recommendations for hotels to spend the night before?

I prefer to spend the night in Manhattan since inevitably you will want to do pre-cruise things there.

If you are just driving in for a hotel stay, then any of the airports near Newark Airport are great.

what about transportation options from Hotel to the Port?

Lyft 

Hi. 

I am traveling on Oasis of the Seas this July 2020 with my wife and 2 kids. Leaving from Cape Liberty

Any recommendations for hotels to spend the night before?

what about transportation options from Hotel to the Port?

Thanks in advance.

We've done both, like @Matt mentioned.  If you want a hotel that is convenient to the port, I highly recommend the Embassy suites in Elizabeth, NJ.  Clean, modern, complimentary breakfast and happy hour, complimentary airport shuttles, shuttles to the port (for a fee) but I would recommend Lyft or Uber.  It has a couple of chain restaurants within walking distance and is right across the street from The Mills at Jersery Garden (in case you want retail therapy pre-cruise).  The hotel is all suites which makes it great for a family with two kids.  I blogged about this location in my Anthem blog from 2018.

We have also stayed in NYC and used ride share to get to the port the morning of.  This worked out great as well as it gave us a chance to see New York pre-cruise.  I am partial to Intercontinental properties and we loved the Intercontinental Times Square.  Right in the heart of times square and easy access to everything.  We are staying here again this July before we board Adventure.  Catching a Broadway show this time pre-cruise.  I blogged about this property in this blog.