Venice port transfer

Hi we are sailing on Rhapsody out of Venice in May. There are 4 adults. Does anyone know the best way to transfer to the ship from the airport? We are flying straight in and out before and after our cruise with no real time to see Venice. I was thinking if there was a water taxi transfer to take in a little sights on the way to the ship. 

Has anyone previously done this or can give any advice?

Thanks in advance

David

I took a water taxi from the airport to my hotel on the grand canal, and from my hotel to the port, but not from the port back to the airport (took a bus organized via Royal for that).  I booked my water taxis with Consorzio Motoscafi, which is generally considered one of the two staples of water taxi airport transfers (sorry can't remember the other one).  Per their website: "the Marco Polo Airport transportation routes can be extended so as to pass alongside the most famous Venice waterways, including Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge, Gallerie dell'Accademia, Chiesa della Salute and the Peggy Guggenheim Museum."  https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/en/transfers.php

I would contact them to see what they could arrange.  You will also get some lovely sights of Venice from the ship as you sail away, though I would still recommend taking the water taxi to see the sights along the Grand Canal. 

FYI my water taxi to the hotel cost 115 euro for 3 people and 4 bags.  The taxi was right on time in both directions.

I also thought the Royal bus transfer was very efficient in case you wanted to do the water taxi on the way in and the bus transfer on the way back, but you don't really see any sights from the bus.

3 hours ago, David Bennett said:

Hi we are sailing on Rhapsody out of Venice in May. There are 4 adults. Does anyone know the best way to transfer to the ship from the airport? We are flying straight in and out before and after our cruise with no real time to see Venice. I was thinking if there was a water taxi transfer to take in a little sights on the way to the ship. 

Has anyone previously done this or can give any advice?

Thanks in advance

David

Last time I just used a taxi, worked out great.