School me in back to back cruises?

RCIfan1912

There are 2 shorter cruises I'm looking at for 2021, a 4 day to Canada and then 5 days to Bermuda. Thinking about possibly, I mean still a long shot but thinking about a back to back cruise. Please any info you think I need to know before booking a back to back. Any info you can think of, financial or otherwise? Thanks for any advice.

Book the same cabin makes transitioning so easy. Be ready for an amazing feeling when everyone else is going home and big time deja vu, menus, shows, CD jokes. It's a wonderful experience in my opinion, I love them. Did I say keep the same cabin?

Yes @teddy is correct book at same time too. The beauty of keeping the same cabin is leaving your cabin unpacked, just walk off with your documents and identification/passport it's the greatest feeling! 

Edited by Neesa
Thought added

I suggest booking both at the same time. 

I’m currently on Adventure and staying onboard  for the next cruise. 

I didn’t book both at the same time, so I don’t have the same room, although Michelle at MEI did get me the second room very close to the first.

More than getting the same room, booking both at the same time ensures Royal realizes you are doing a consecutive cruise.  

Even after talking to Guest Services, I’m not 100% confident my transition from the first to the second will be flawless. 

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Definitely would book at the same time, and really would like the same cabin. Yeah these are cruises from NJ/Cape liberty. Have to think about the financials of it all also. 2 deposits and final payment just about the same day or very close. I love the idea though so maybe we can make it happen. 

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Have to think about the financials of it all also. 2 deposits and final payment just about the same day or very close. I love the idea though so maybe we can make it happen. 

Completely understand. We did a 7 day b2b on Harmony and it was fantastic. If you can manage the financial side of it, I would do it. It was such a great experience to be on the ship for so long. 

I’ve done 3 B2b, with one more planned. Twice we left the ship (used it like a port day in San Juan) and once stayed on the ship. Had a nice lunch in the dinning room at noon that was over when rooms opened up.

If you don’t change rooms, your cabin attendant will greatly appreciate it if you tell them to skip your room that day.