Expedited Arrival

TannerC

Hi Everyone - My boyfriend and I have completed the "Check-In" for our Anthem cruise in 40 days. I have been one a Royal Caribbean cruise once before and I'm using a passport. He has never been on a cruise before and is using a birth certificate and driver's license. Can anyone tell me why I received "Expedited Arrival" and he did not? Does that mean we have to split up during the boarding process?

Thanks for the help!

You have to have a passport to get the Expedited Arrival.  Just go through the regular line with your boyfriend.  They will see your info is already there when you check-in.  It maybe saves you 2 minutes to have Expedited Arrival.  It basically means you are cleared to walk on the ship without doing anything else.  

Also i believe the picture you upload may make you eligible for Expedited arrival.  My fiance and i both have passports on the check in, her picture is a closeup face shot mine was not so close up and she got expedited and i didnt.  I tried to update the picture but as @AshleyDillo says, it wont save you but a minute or two.

9 hours ago, marti314 said:

Also i believe the picture you upload may make you eligible for Expedited arrival.  My fiance and i both have passports on the check in, her picture is a closeup face shot mine was not so close up and she got expedited and i didnt.  I tried to update the picture but as @AshleyDillo says, it wont save you but a minute or two.

Picture doesn't matter.....My wife and daughter both got expedited and I only uploaded one of their photos.....that was in September so things could have changed.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:38 PM, Mr. Candyman said:

Picture doesn't matter.....My wife and daughter both got expedited and I only uploaded one of their photos.....that was in September so things could have changed.

Well i am confused then.  Wonder if its like the TSA pre a few years ago, random selection if criteria is met.

5 minutes ago, marti314 said:

Well i am confused then.  Wonder if its like the TSA pre a few years ago, random selection if criteria is met.

It definitely seems at least partly tied to passport. I had expedited on my pass but my wife didn't. My info was from scanned passport, her's hand-typed by me. I went in a few weeks later and scanned her passport, then checked her pass after which immediately showed "Expedited"! Kinda interesting..

5 minutes ago, saytheb said:

It definitely seems at least partly tied to passport. I had expedited on my pass but my wife didn't. My info was from scanned passport, her's hand-typed by me. I went in a few weeks later and scanned her passport, then checked her pass after which immediately showed "Expedited"! Kinda interesting..

You are absolutely correct about the SCANNING PASSPORT vs typing it in.  I was not labelled as expedited so i just did the passport scan (in the Royal App) and immediately after pressing continue it now shows EXPEDITED arrival.  Not sure its a big deal but its great to know now.

Not a huge benefit but nice to have.

According to the Royal FAQ that i managed to find one time:

You MUST have a passport

You MUST scan the passport into the app, not enter the data by hand

The picture you upload must "work".

Then you get Expedited Arrival preprinted on your boarding pass and you use the expedited line. A couple of people pointed out on a different thread that it didnt seem to be 100% but its been perfect for me/my group on about 20 attempts now.

Contrary to advice above though, if one of you has it and one does not ... DO go through the expedited line together (they should let you based on my experiences) and they will finalise the details for the one that doesnt have it in that line rather than the regular line.