Ovation of the Seas - Alaska General Thoughts

pezgirl

Good morning everyone, you were all so helpful when we did Freedom last year. My husband and I are now looking at doing Ovation of the Seas in Alaska this August while one child is at camp and the other child is being watched by grandparents.  Has anyone done this? Thoughts? I am struggling figuring out on the Royal website the available port excursions for this trip. Thanks in advance. 

Sailed Ovation last year although my trip was different because it was the first ever for Ovation and a little bit longer than the regular Alaska season cruises that followed.

Here is my trip report from that sailing:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/12630-ovation-goes-north-way-north-to-alaska-11-nights-may-13-2019/

We did a 7 day in September of last year, the last cruise to go out that season. It was great! We loved Ovation! We did a combo of gold panning, sled dog visit and 40 below in Skagway. The Mendenhall Glacier lake canoeing was AMAZING! We hired a charter fishing boat in Victoria to go salmon fishing.