No response from post cruise team

kyhay85

Hi guys,

We went on our first cruise December 2019 onboard the Anthem around the Caribbean, we absolutely loved it from the start and was soon planning our next one!

The only issue I have is that around half way though the cruise I was injured on an excursion and to be honest I am placing the blame on the tour operators.  I voiced my concern on the ship and I must add that the crew were very helpful.  My injury worsened after the cruise and I'm still receiving treatment for it.  I emailed the post cruise team on 05/01/20 to customerrelationsuk@rccl.com and I'm still yet to receive a response.  I forwarded this to the pre cruise team, got an automated response immediately and then 3 days later they advised that I had e-mailed the correct team and they will respond in due course.  Do you think I should have had at least some response by now?  To be honest the overall lack of response I've received currently makes me question if I really want use Royal going forward.

I look forward to getting advice from any of you knowledgeable guys! 

1 hour ago, kyhay85 said:

Hi guys,

We went on our first cruise December 2019 onboard the Anthem around the Caribbean, we absolutely loved it from the start and was soon planning our next one!

The only issue I have is that around half way though the cruise I was injured on an excursion and to be honest I am placing the blame on the tour operators.  I voiced my concern on the ship and I must add that the crew were very helpful.  My injury worsened after the cruise and I'm still receiving treatment for it.  I emailed the post cruise team on 05/01/20 to customerrelationsuk@rccl.com and I'm still yet to receive a response.  I forwarded this to the pre cruise team, got an automated response immediately and then 3 days later they advised that I had e-mailed the correct team and they will respond in due course.  Do you think I should have had at least some response by now?  To be honest the overall lack of response I've received currently makes me question if I really want use Royal going forward.

Sorry to hear about your injury, the quickest way I have always got a reply is via royal Caribbean on Facebook messenger. They usually reply within minutes. 

Sorry about your situation and good luck....they made their money from you on the ctruise and it wasn't a Royal tour(I am guessing from your post) so there will be nothing they have to or will do I am guessing.

I have been disappointed with their lack of help and empathy  when it comes to issues with them lately(my own situation included)

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Sorry about your situation and good luck....they made their money from you on the ctruise and it wasn't a Royal tour(I am guessing from your post) so there will be nothing they have to or will do I am guessing.

I have been disappointed with their lack of help and empathy  when it comes to issues with them lately(my own situation included)

Hi,

It was an excursion provided by Royal Caribbean, what makes matters worse is that I injured myself on the first of five ziplines.  I informed the staff and they pulled the whole group off the excursion to go back to the office and fill out waiver forms & medical questionnaires, they even tried forcing me to sign one!

2 hours ago, pmanchester said:

Sorry to hear about your injury, the quickest way I have always got a reply is via royal Caribbean on Facebook messenger. They usually reply within minutes. 

Thanks,

I went through twitter and didn't hear anything back!  I'll try Facebook 

30 minutes ago, kyhay85 said:

Hi,

It was an excursion provided by Royal Caribbean, what makes matters worse is that I injured myself on the first of five ziplines.  I informed the staff and they pulled the whole group off the excursion to go back to the office and fill out waiver forms & medical questionnaires, they even tried forcing me to sign one!

Weird..I know when we did zipline with them...we had to fill all that out before we got on..

Hopefully you hear back from them and get some kinda of resolution!

2 hours ago, pmanchester said:

quickest way I have always got a reply is via royal Caribbean on Facebook messenger

I've had a good deal of luck by sending direct messages to RC via Twitter. Very responsive. Odd that they have not gotten back to the OP. Maybe it's the sensitive nature of the inquiry.

5 minutes ago, SPS said:

I've had a good deal of luck by sending direct messages to RC via Twitter. Very responsive. Odd that they have not gotten back to the OP. Maybe it's the sensitive nature of the inquiry.

Yes perhaps they do not want to discuss a private matter over the public platform, they could though still acknowledge it.

Facebook messenger is much more private, that is why I always use that. 

7 minutes ago, pmanchester said:

Yes perhaps they do not want to discuss a private matter over the public platform, they could though still acknowledge it.

Facebook messenger is much more private, that is why I always use that. 

I've requested to join the Facebook group so will see if I have any luck there

That sucks. When my wife got hurt on board (due to a panel in the Boardwalk bathroom falling on her foot) the Allure they were very attentive once she reported it, even though the injury was minor. You'd think they'd be the same even with one of their externally operated excursions. 

10 hours ago, kyhay85 said:

Hi guys,

Did you have RCI's insurance or 3rd party?

I didnt have a problem with an excursion...  but with my crown and anchor account- someone else having access to my info.... after numerous attempts by phone, email, chat, etc... and nothing being fixed, I found some corporate emails and started emailing them. Needless to say, my issue finally got resolve.. sometimes you have to go up the chain of command to get results.

7 hours ago, kyhay85 said:

Hi,

After the fact? This is suspicious. Waiver should be filled out prior to the zip line start otherwise wouldn’t that defeat the purpose?

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

After the fact? This is suspicious. Waiver should be filled out prior to the zip line start otherwise wouldn’t that defeat the purpose?

We have zip lined in multiply locations and we have never signed form after or in your case during. 

It is always the first thing you do, period.

My theory was they were herding you like cattle and by rushing to get it done forgot the crustal part of signing the forms, their bad.

Please make that very clear when you do get a response.

I'm so sorry this happen and wish a you the best.

6 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

????? RCI is open. Shouldn’t be a group to join for messaging, right? 

I have now messaged them and got a prompt response.  

'That's the correct email address. Please keep in mind that due to the nature of emails they receive, they might take longer to reply.'

4 hours ago, MicDay said:

We have zip lined in multiply locations and we have never signed form after or in your case during. 

It is always the first thing you do, period.

My theory was they were herding you like cattle and by rushing to get it done forgot the crustal part of signing the forms, their bad.

Please make that very clear when you do get a response.

I'm so sorry this happen and wish a you the best.

Exactly my thoughts.  I've been very detailed in my e-mail, my chosen form of communication to ensure that nothing was left out.  I've pasted below the e-mail to explain the situation.

Good Morning,

I'm writing this email after several unsuccessful calls to Royal Caribbean after our cruise from 8th December - 20th December. We had an excellent time and was quickly convinced that cruising holidays were definitely for us.  
My only concern has been regarding a complaint I raised and there being no resolution to this. On 16th December we visited St Kitts where we took part in a Royal Caribbean excursion, the sky safari zipline. On the first zipline I injured my back and made the staff aware. They immediately pulled the entire group off of the course, made them return to the tour office where they were made to fill out insurance waivers and be weighed before continuing with excursion. I noted that the maximum weight permitted for the zipline was 275lbs and when we booked the excursion I was 269lbs. However when we returned from holiday I weighed 286lbs, obviously over indulging whilst we were on holiday. 
The tour staff were adamant that I sign their indemnity waiver to which I refused, if the proper checks were carried out prior to the activity I'm pretty sure that I would have been stopped from taking part and I wouldn't have sustained an injury. 
Upon returning to the boat I reported the incident to guest services who asked if I would like to visit the medical centre. I told them that I would rest for the evening and see how I felt. The next day I saw the doctor who believed that I had strained my back and prescribed pain relief. I was unable to do much for the rest of the trip as I was in so much pain, I have also been unable to return to work due to still having issues with my back. 
Personally, I feel the whole ordeal could have been avoided if the tour operator carried out the necessary checks prior to the activity starting. I rang Royal Caribbean on our return to the UK and they have apparently carried out an investigation. They tried to call me on 30th December and left a voicemail saying they would call the next day. I never received a call back so I called yesterday and was told that I would be refunded for the cost of the excursion for myself but I don't feel that this reimburses me for losing out on the last four days of our holiday due to my injury and also I have had no notification regarding whether the tour operator has been made aware of their poor practice and what they will be doing in the future in order to avoid mistakes like this. As I'm sure you're aware, excursions are readily available at all ports but we chose to go with Royal Caribbean as we believed that the standards practiced would be exemplary.
I would further like to reiterate that the cruise itself was outstanding and the staff on the Anthem of the Seas were outstanding, I would love to be able to recommend the company and cruise to friends and family but as things stand I don't think that the post cruise experience has been sufficient.

I look forward to your response.

7 hours ago, JG1209 said:

I didnt have a problem with an excursion...  but with my crown and anchor account- someone else having access to my info.... after numerous attempts by phone, email, chat, etc... and nothing being fixed, I found some corporate emails and started emailing them. Needless to say, my issue finally got resolve.. sometimes you have to go up the chain of command to get results.

Don't suppose you have any of the addresses still? I work for a corporate also and know how well an e-mail complaint to a director goes!

On 1/21/2020 at 12:56 AM, kyhay85 said:

Personally, I feel the whole ordeal could have been avoided if the tour operator carried out the necessary checks prior to the activity starting

You won't like this, but don''t you think that you have some culpability in this matter? You went on an excursion when you knew or should have know you were over the maximum weight. I am sure if you were stopped from taking the excursion you would have complained about that.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:56 PM, kyhay85 said:

Exactly my thoughts.  I've been very detailed in my e-mail, my chosen form of communication to ensure that nothing was left out.  I've pasted below the e-mail to explain the situation.

Good Morning,

I'm writing this email after several unsuccessful calls to Royal Caribbean after our cruise from 8th December - 20th December. We had an excellent time and was quickly convinced that cruising holidays were definitely for us.  
My only concern has been regarding a complaint I raised and there being no resolution to this. On 16th December we visited St Kitts where we took part in a Royal Caribbean excursion, the sky safari zipline. On the first zipline I injured my back and made the staff aware. They immediately pulled the entire group off of the course, made them return to the tour office where they were made to fill out insurance waivers and be weighed before continuing with excursion. I noted that the maximum weight permitted for the zipline was 275lbs and when we booked the excursion I was 269lbs. However when we returned from holiday I weighed 286lbs, obviously over indulging whilst we were on holiday. 
The tour staff were adamant that I sign their indemnity waiver to which I refused, if the proper checks were carried out prior to the activity I'm pretty sure that I would have been stopped from taking part and I wouldn't have sustained an injury. 
Upon returning to the boat I reported the incident to guest services who asked if I would like to visit the medical centre. I told them that I would rest for the evening and see how I felt. The next day I saw the doctor who believed that I had strained my back and prescribed pain relief. I was unable to do much for the rest of the trip as I was in so much pain, I have also been unable to return to work due to still having issues with my back. 
Personally, I feel the whole ordeal could have been avoided if the tour operator carried out the necessary checks prior to the activity starting. I rang Royal Caribbean on our return to the UK and they have apparently carried out an investigation. They tried to call me on 30th December and left a voicemail saying they would call the next day. I never received a call back so I called yesterday and was told that I would be refunded for the cost of the excursion for myself but I don't feel that this reimburses me for losing out on the last four days of our holiday due to my injury and also I have had no notification regarding whether the tour operator has been made aware of their poor practice and what they will be doing in the future in order to avoid mistakes like this. As I'm sure you're aware, excursions are readily available at all ports but we chose to go with Royal Caribbean as we believed that the standards practiced would be exemplary.
I would further like to reiterate that the cruise itself was outstanding and the staff on the Anthem of the Seas were outstanding, I would love to be able to recommend the company and cruise to friends and family but as things stand I don't think that the post cruise experience has been sufficient.

I look forward to your response.

WOW!!! I am VERY VERY impressed with how you wrote that e-mail. Not condescending, complaining or threatening or demanding.  You just covered the issues and kept personal disgruntled opinions to a minimum.  If only everyone took a leaf from your book and applied it to reviews as well.

Great job.  Hope all ends up OK for you.

4 hours ago, Flacruiser99 said:

You won't like this, but don''t you think that you have some culpability in this matter? You went on an excursion when you knew or should have know you were over the maximum weight. I am sure if you were stopped from taking the excursion you would have complained about that.

Yes I do take some responsibility but also take offence to you assuming I would have complained if I was told I couldn't partake. The safety briefings etc are there for a reason and they weren't carried out, I would like RCI to at least acknowledge this fact and advise me on how they are going to improve the standards of their supplier who is ultimately representing their business

16 hours ago, kyhay85 said:

I would like RCI to at least acknowledge this fact and advise me on how they are going to improve the standards of their supplier who is ultimately representing their business

I agree with this.

16 hours ago, kyhay85 said:

but also take offence to you assuming I would have complained if I was told I couldn't partake

However I'm having a hard time believing that if you paid for this excursion and were not allowed to participate you would  not go to the shore excursion desk demanding  a refund. If I'm wrong I apologize.

As an update to anyone that is interested, I called RC this morning to get a response and was put on hold for best part of 10 minutes whilst they read the email I sent three weeks ago.  The gentleman offered no apology or reasoning and said that his department (post cruise) couldn't do anything and asked me to forward the email to a claims email address.  I tried to explain that this wasn't the nature of my email and that I would just like a response and he said was unable to help any further.  Honestly quite shocked!