Puerto Plata, Virgin Gorda, St Thomas, San Juan

chill6x6

So we have the Empress booked for 8-days of eastern Caribbean bliss!  Now trying to decide on excursions.

St Thomas- Of course I have been here many times.  Walked around downtown mostly but also toured St John and have done the catamaran to Honeymoon bay. Quite honestly would like nothing more than the best independent island tour and best beach I can get, umbrellas and loungers are a necessity.  Suggestions?

San Juan- I can make a similar statement as St Thomas above.  Have been here many times.  Have walked all over it...eaten at many of the better restaurants...been to El Morro.  Wouldn't mind a private excursion to the rain forest.  Suggestions?

Puerto Plata, DR- Of course I have never been here.  Was one of the draws to this cruise. There are ZERO excursions offered by RC at this time.  Any suggestion?

Virgin Gorda- Never been here either.  Most excursions I've seen originate in St Thomas but of course that won't do us any good since we will be there! LOL! There are a few excursions offered by RC but quite honestly it's hard to tell exactly what one is getting. Any suggestion?

I'm pretty open to any ideas for the above ports.  I sure would appreciate any and all suggestions!

22 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Wouldn't mind a private excursion to the rain forest.  Suggestions?

Can't offer a tour suggestion but we did El Yunque on our own and it was super easy with a rental car! We got an uber to the airport for the car, about $80 for the day, and drove to the rainforest.. took about 45 minutes from the airport. It was great! There are a ton of things to see and hikes just off the main road, plenty of parking lots along the way for each attraction. La Coca Falls was beautiful! 

As for St Thomas, I gotta say Magen's Bay for the beach stop at the end of your tour! Restaurant with beach service, umbrellas and loungers for rent. $5 entrance fee but it's as perfect as everyone says. 

IMG_0404.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg