Empress in one week- port questions.

Irieman

So excited to almost be back in cruise mode. We will be in an aft cabin and looking forward for a totally different ship experience than the Oasis and Freedom classes.  

Never embarked out of Miami so looking for any tips on:

- parking. I see that it's $22 a day but there seems to be off site parking for under 10 with shuttle. Anyone have experience with either?

- does Empress use the new terminal? I know we are set up for face recognition so it made me wonder. 

- this isn't a port question but as you know we are plant based eaters and have loved the special vegan menu cards.  Being the smallest ship, can anyone confirm that EOS is also doing those menus?

That's it for now!  I was thinking of live blogging as I have done the last couple of years but Empress has been covered so well as of late. Not sure I can add more to the conversation. Guess it will depend on if I can contain my excitement.  ?

11 minutes ago, Irieman said:

So excited to almost be back in cruise mode. We will be in an aft cabin and looking forward for a totally different ship experience than the Oasis and Freedom classes.  

Never embarked out of Miami so looking for any tips on:

- parking. I see that it's $22 a day but there seems to be off site parking for under 10 with shuttle. Anyone have experience with either?

- does Empress use the new terminal? I know we are set up for face recognition so it made me wonder. 

- this isn't a port question but as you know we are plant based eaters and have loved the special vegan menu cards.  Being the smallest ship, can anyone confirm that EOS is also doing those menus?

That's it for now!  I was thinking of live blogging as I have done the last couple of years but Empress has been covered so well as of late. Not sure I can add more to the conversation. Guess it will depend on if I can contain my excitement.  ?

Empress would only use the new terminal (Terminal A), if they were the only ones in port. Oasis is there on the 26th, so they'd use Terminal A.

General advice by people (Matt, Sheri from Cruise Radio, others that I've heard) is that it's really risky to park off site in Miami (if you want to come back to a vehicle with wheels).  Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Enjoy your cruise, and definitely live blog it if you are willing! Sure, the ship has been covered, but everyone brings their own unique experiences and perspectives.  Share with us! And enjoy your cruise! I still have to wait a whole year to get on Empress.