Did anyone notice a strange issue with podcast #337?

davelliott

I just downloaded the most recent episode of the podcast, episode # 337:  "What is  a Group Cruise."  I use Podcast Addict on my tablet so that I can listen while on my commute to work.  I wasn't sure if the recording was the problem or if something happened with just Podcast Addict.  I am posting here to see if anyone else had this issue.  It not, maybe I need to use another app to download the podcast to listen on my commute.  

I noticed something weird on this episode and was wondering if everyone also had this same issue.    Perhaps it was just something weird going on with Podcast Addict.  As I was listening, I realized that it started to replay a part that I had already heard.  I started listening carefully for a specific part to see how many times I had already heard it.  For example, when Matt mentioned that about 50 percent of the people are on their first group cruise and Annette said that she thought many people are traveling with friends who are on their 2nd or 3rd group cruise.  I listened to the whole podcast and this part was repeated 14 times.  It appears that the episode that I downloaded must have been only about 2 or 3 minutes.  I couldn't really tell exactly where the repeating started, but the parts that I heard were all there 14 times.  And there was no usual ending where Matt answers questions.  

Could anyone comment to let me know if you had any issues with this episode? 

The issue you describe is really weird. I had no issue listening with play music (Google app) on my phone. I didn't download, I just listened to it streamed, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Sounds like the download somehow got corrupt. I'd delete and redownload before giving up on your favorite app.

I just listened to the full episode, and had no issues. If you're on iOS, you might want to try out Overcast for your podcast player. I've been using it for years and never had a glitchy podcast episode from any of the roughly dozen that I listen to regularly. Weirdest thing I've had happen is an episode I've already listened to will sometimes download again after I've deleted it.

Yes! This happens to me all the time!

I Figured out that it’s because on my commute to work there are various levels of cell phone signal. So I chalk it up to the fact that the podcast did not download completely and there was some error.

All I had to do was go to a more stable connection, redownload the podcast, and all is well.

Thanks for the replies.  I will delete and try to download it again.  I use a tablet that does not connect to cell service.  I download all my podcasts while on WiFi at home and then listen on the road. 

On another podcast, not Royal Caribbean Blog, I have had the podcast try to connect while playing.  When it can't connect, it automatically stops playing.  I guess the podcast owner has some form of advertising that forces the playback to look for an ad.  But that has only happened on one other. 

But after listening to all the episodes of Matt's, this is the first time that a 2 or 3 minute segment actually repeated seamlessly 14 times.  After reading some of your replies, I listened to this episode on this site, and it plays normally.