Beverage Tips

IRMO12HD

What beverage tips can you offer?  Here's one that I learned on Brilliance in November/December:  if you want a double shot of alcohol, but don't want to pay the extra $, ask for a "strong shot" -- it's like a 1-3/4 shot, but only counts as one.  Honestly, I don't know if this is a universal thing, or peculiar to Brilliance -- but it worked!

I usually asked for less-the bar tenders used to laugh at me!  I guess I am somewhat of a lightweight, but I do like to at least see the color of the mixer!  I had a couple of Mimosas and if the bar tender waved the oj over the glass, that was all he did!  I also had some daiquiris that were VERY pale.   

I’m with @KenCP being a creature of habit myself, I know the bars I will be frequenting and always treat the bartenders in those location(s) well earlier in the cruise and have a conversation with them. Afteralll, they are humans - not to hijack the topic, or get on a soapbox - it’s good to remember.  

I would also say not to forget the non-alcoholic perks of the unlimited package the fresh juice in the morning, the premium coffees, and always add a water to your drink order. I extras can be taken back to the room or on excursions 

Good point, @DBeas0106!  That personal touch/contact counts for so much.  On our last cruise, it was a full ship charter (on the Brilliance), and the bartenders (and wait staff, and stewards) were all sporting Harley Davidson shirts by the second day of the cruise (it's one of our traditions to bring shirts for the crew) -- and they loved it!

I also tip and be sure to have a conversation with the tenders at my favorite watering holes. I found the drinks to be properly prepared, meaning if it called for a shot it was a measured shot, no more no less. To me with the DBP that is what I want. I can always have another. On the beer front I found Royals craft beer game to be quite weak. They ran out of the better craft offerings before we embarked or at about midcruise. Sierra Nevada became my go to brew. An excellent choice but not really craft beer. They didn't have S. Nevada at every bar though.