Liberty Canceled

Al Horner

Well, this was a bad news/good news kind of day. First, I received an E-Mail telling my March 21, 2021 cruise on the Liberty had been canceled due to a longer than expected refurbishment. I had picked that cruise because it was fairly inexpensive two years out and it was out of Galveston (near my home in Spring, TX). The good news was that RCL was going to honor my original price for a similar cruise and throw in a $400 OBC because it was a junior suite. So, I got a better date for the same price and an additional $400 OBC. Good day with Royal Caribbean!

Nice! Same thing happened to us!

We booked Harmony for APR 2021 last year, then they moved up the 5-year maintenance dry dock and cancelled the APR 2021 Harmony sailings. RC did the same thing and froze the cruise fare and offered us any Oasis class ship sailing in APR 2021 plus $200 OBC (not a suite) as one of our options. We picked Symphony which was $700 more at that time for the identical cabin! $900 value due to the cancellation! ?