Diamond Event on Majesty

I heard that Majesty of the Seas is no longer providing a Diamond Event in the Viking Crown Lounge in the evening beginning next week.  They will only honor the 3 drinks per night from 4:30 until 8:00 at the bars. Matt, can you confirm this?

If this is so look for a Majesty Mutiny to occur for Diamond and above members. Not good look for RCCL.  

11 hours ago, RoyalGreek said:

I heard that Majesty of the Seas is no longer providing a Diamond Event in the Viking Crown Lounge in the evening beginning next week.  They will only honor the 3 drinks per night from 4:30 until 8:00 at the bars. Matt, can you confirm this?

If this is so look for a Majesty Mutiny to occur for Diamond and above members. Not good look for RCCL.  

I hear you, but I've got to note that we found service in the Harmony Diamond Lounge very slow last year on two cruises -- even though we arrived early to snag a small table.  We've also found that we don't need appetizers since there is plenty of food at dinner.  Soooo, while a lounge can be peaceful, I have noted it is faster getting a drink at bar using the Seapass voucher, and I won't be violating the rule on taking items out of the Diamond Lounge (seldom enforced, but still posted on our last cruise).

For me, the best part of having the Diamond Lounge is getting an espresso in the morning....and maybe one of those apple danishes.  Have a great cruise!

In the early 70s there were a couple ships that had ~600 guests each.  At the time wine was offered with dinner complimentary.

Today there are 85,000 guests eating dinner tonight on Royal ships.  Same tomorrow night and the night after.  Complimentary wine for 85,000 at dinner doesn't scale.  

Somewhere between 1,200 guests and 85,000 guests they had to make the tough call to eliminate complimentary wine at dinner.  It just doesn't scale.

Last week on Anthem the LA did something unusual at the top tier.  Not only did he announce the number of members in each CAS level on board, he also told us 85 will be graduating to Diamond at the end of the cruise.  That's one ship out of 26.

Let's say the conservative average is 5 graduating to Diamond every week on every ship.  5 x 26 x 52 weeks = 6,760 new Diamond this year.  That many last year, that many the year before.  

The Diamond ranks are swelling and they can't sustain everything the way it was in the past.  

Just like the complimentary dinner wine had to change, so will CAS benefits have to change.  

Royal is adding >10,000 guests with new ships by the end of 2022.  By that time there will be 20,000 new Diamond members.  

Somethings have to change, CAS doesn't scale as it's offered today.  

Its official!  Was told by the Crown and Anchor desk today that they would no longer be holding a Diamond Happy Hour in the Viking Crown Lounge.  Only the 3 drinks per night during the Happy Hour at the bars will be honored.  This is not just about the unlimited drinks and snacks, its also about the social aspect of fellow Diamond Members.  We have met most of our "Cruise Friends" during these times.

Bad move for Royal.  As a guest that regularly books Majesty, this will be my last cruise on her Feb 8.

Empress hasn't has a Diamond event for some time.  They list the VCL as a place for CAS members to get together but also note it's open to the public.  

Despite that I've enjoyed great cruises on Empress.  The regulars made a habit of gathering at the Schooner Bar.  I met some great folks on those cruises one of which I've been texting with even today while she is on Adventure turning Pinnacle.  In another case I met a frequent cruiser on Empress and we realized we would be doing the Panama Canal together.  Saw him on that cruise months later and shared drinks again.

In all my cruises I've met the most folks on small ships like Empress without a need for a Diamond event to facilitate the social aspect.  

The elimination of the suite lounge on majesty of the seas ship will cause us to NOT travel on the majesty.  If the elimination continues to the other ships in the fleet, we will no longer travel on Royal Caribbean.    We “invested” in sailing on one cruise line to get the perks.  Take this away, there is no benefit for loyalty.  Emphasis will be to shopfor sales and deals.  This is the same concept for airline frequent flyer programs.  

Royal needs to make a formal announcement to clarify their position on this.